Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he is not all that. He had a decent spell but shouldnt be naything mor ethan back up. Never shirls it though so fair play to him

he has won my heart, all that time I cried n called him crap and wanted him
to sign for Accrington, he is the man too take us forward. he is the bomb
he could be a nuclear bomb he's that much of one, hes hot he could of been a model but here he is in the blue shirt, he could of been in the nuts magazines + edverts. sexy birds have him on there bedroom walls [ posters] for the faps. drunk talk freestylin tbh like but hes boss

10o185d.gif

Noticed that Naismith doesn't feature in anyone's (fantasy) lineups for next season. Considering he was one of our best players towards the end of the season I wonder if that's fair?! Is it because it's difficult to accommodate both him and Barkley or do people deep down still think he isn't good enough??

Noticed that Naismith doesn't feature in anyone's (fantasy) lineups for next season. Considering he was one of our best players towards the end of the season I wonder if that's fair?! Is it because it's difficult to accommodate both him and Barkley or do people deep down still think he isn't good enough??

Just isn't good enough to start games if we're seriously looking at Champions League IMO. Good to have for the Europa and a great option from the bench, though.

Will always give 100%, holds it up well, links play and always looks capable of scoring. Just lacks that magic or fear factor to be the main man.

he's a squad player tbh.

love him and i see a bit of the ji sung park about him in that he could possibly be started in the bigger games, because he does score some big goals for us, but he's an instinct finisher as opposed to a great player.

I see him as a rotation player, which in the reality would be a step up to the cameos he's had under Moyes and in the first half of the season under Roberto. And as long as we're in Europe and other cup competitions, he will have plenty of games to start. But in the most important games probably he wouldn't get the nod ahead of Barkley if you ask me. He will be an important player nonetheless, we need every pair of legs this year. And he's no Leon "playfaker" Osman, he can actually be of worth.

Nil Satis Naisy Optimum

Just isn't good enough to start games if we're seriously looking at Champions League IMO.

he's a squad player tbh.

I see him as a rotation player

No, no and no in my humble. Sorry lids but while Naismith is miles from being a complete player there are a few things he does better than any player in the squad.

Look at all the different ways Bobby had us playing towards the end of the season, for instance Man U at home ( Mirallas dropping deeper, basically a 4-4-2 at times and incredibly direct, with long balls to Rom and Nais because their defenders were so weak and easily bullied ) compared to Man City at home ( 3-4-3, some of the best football of our season for me, with only Jags lacking sharpness and a bit of inexperience from Stones vs Nasri denying us a result).

It's clear Martinez has us working on loads of different ways to play football, epitomised by the absolute ripping we handed Arsenal with Naismith dropping deep from number 9 with Rom and Kev on the flanks with the invitation to cut inside on to their strongest feet. While you may see Nais starting some league cup games, the 3 examples above show that we're ready to set up in numerous different ways depending on the game plan and if that plan fits Naismith's strengths I can see him starting some massive games for us and bossing them like he did vs Arsenal at home.

It's all about having a squad with diverse strengths where you trust every single player; and a manager brilliant enough to pick out the perfect way to play against specific opposition.

Naismith improved massively last season compared to his first and I reckon his third will be better still.

Ross the Boss still will be a bit too green to carry the weight of creativity and responsibility in attack so we should see a season something like last unless he quickly takes it up a level.

Therefore Naisy, Pienaar and hopefully a new creative signing will take up some of the responsibilities and a number of the starts depending on form and tactics.

We should have learned to not fume when Ross is out and Naisy is in by now. We have above average number of players in the squad who seem to really love playing for us and its a great situation to have.

Bloody hell i had to trawl through 12 pages of threads to find this one tucked away. Took his goal well and considering he has played up top by himself for 3 games with barely any support he's done o.k i reckon. Thats 2 in 3 for a player who is out of position and has probably put in the most minutes. Going to play another important role our Nais this season.

Bloody hell i had to trawl through 12 pages of threads to find this one tucked away. Took his goal well and considering he has played up top by himself for 3 games with barely any support he's done o.k i reckon. Thats 2 in 3 for a player who is out of position and has probably put in the most minutes. Going to play another important role our Nais this season.

It's easier to use the search function after checking the first two pages mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back