Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“He’s one of these players that is more skilful than you think. He’s a million times better in the air than you think and is more of a powerful runner than you think too. He’s got more to his game than you realise.”
That's a little bit exaggerated...

He's tremendous in the air. He gets so many knock ons and out jumps a lot of defenders. This was one ability that shone as soon as he played his first game, it's unfortunate that we play along the floor so much!

Very underrated player. Great in the air, intelligent and hard working, ultra professional, a good example of what hard work does for you. A player that you want around the lads coming up from the academy, especially for the mental aspect of the game.

Is he our new Cahill?

I don't mean identical in what they do on the pitch, I mean by what he stands for and how hard he has to work at being accepted and making himself loved.

Would we agree that:
  • he works extremely hard
  • has ability
  • seems like a good fella to have around the younger lads
  • just not quite good enough to be first choice for where we want to be but definitley worth a place in the subs
??

Would we agree that:
  • has ability
  • just not quite good enough to be first choice for where we want to be but definitley worth a place in the subs
??

I'd add that his finishing is generally pretty good. Nearly always forces a save (bar one stand out miss at Sunderland I think it was).

Would we agree that:
  • has ability
??

He was in pretty much a regular starter for the last 10 games or so, and rightly so.

But I know what you mean.

Personally, I expect Naismith to bag loads of goals in the Europa league next season.

Physically very good considering rupturing his cruciate twice. Athletic, excellent in the air, brave, can finish, intelligent, gets stuck in... The only downside is his technical ability on the wing but playing in that number 10 role seems to be where he is suited best, he has established himself in the team so I think he'll be excellent for us next season.

I'd add that his finishing is generally pretty good. Nearly always forces a save (bar one stand out miss at Sunderland I think it was).

Yep, I let him off for it though, as we still won (barely) and the turn he did to get his shot off was sexy.

There is a place in most teams for a player like him. He isn't going to demand to start games, he understands his value to the team and that is as a supporting role.

He is a different type of striker, his finishing is excellent, his positional sense very good, movement is intelligent. He is like a cross between Dirk Kuyt and Tim Cahill but I think he is technically better.

Always been ridiculously underrated on here, glad to see so many people getting out in their place.

He's won me over definitely showing he is actually a decent player when he's confident and getting a run in his favoured position.

Moyes should learn that square pegs don't fit into round holes, one of his worst qualities as a manager is playing people out of position just to fit them in the team, ask Mata.

More of the same next season Steven please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back