Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
had some bad passes, but was directly involved in both sequences which lead to Everton goals... also was firing all over today. rather have someone shooting than some of the set set set set set lose ball sequences of earlier this season when at times it didn't look like we had people willing to take the risk.

Runs his nuts off, great footballing brain, limited ability, but good finisher. I thought when we got him he seemed very much a replacement for Tim Cahill. Thrilled he is doing so well.

Last edited:
Runs his nuts off, great footballing brain, limited ability, but good finisher. I thought when we got him he seemed very much replacement for Tim Cahill. Thrilled he is doing so well.
He's starting to feel very much like a tim Cahill type player. Surprisingly good in the air, hard working, battler, pops up with important goals. He's scored 9 goals this season in all competitions which is a great return considering the minutes he's had on the pitch!

He has been class since he has been played in his natural position.
When McCarthy and Naismith were left out of the starting line-up against Palace the team looked disjointed and lost goals.

I'm not sure but I would think the game won ratio would be quite high when Naismith plays. He makes a difference.
He's a great team player who benefits the team with his link-up play as well as being a goal threat.

Pleased he has finally settled in and showing us what he can do.

Reactions: obc
Was wondering what his worth is now, considering we got him for nothing and the fees received for Anichebe/ Jelavic.

Not that we'd look to sell, mind

His hold up play and first touch are not great...bit like Lukaku really but the little darting runs he makes off their last man to open up space for others and himself are superb.

The most changed player i have ever seen from one season to another...last year i used to moan like hell when he came on as sub, now i moan when hes not starting.

If you look at the two teams yesterday who played a better game Rooney or Naismith - It had to be the Scottish Rooney imo he was on the end of everything we did well - missed a few but he was there all the time he is a workhorse and a sniffer for chances he is thriving for us at the moment playing in the correct position - never a winger again that was a DM factor last season - The ginger one is now a grey one my how he has aged in that job - RM needs to be tied down to a long contract by BK!

Should have scored a hat trick yesterday.

Got none.

Still, he put himself about a bit and his workrate and attitude cannot be questioned.

Should have scored a hat trick yesterday.

Got none.

Still, he put himself about a bit and his workrate and attitude cannot be questioned.
Ok he messed up a chance or two but at least he was there - he has scored some vital goals, and he has to be the most improved player for us IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back