Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best players in the league when considering football IQ of a player, too bad he has only a really limited technical a physical abilities. But still a really good player to have in the squad IMO. Or if Bobby wants somebody else in the longterm, his selling price should be growing a lot in the last weeks, but I will love to seeing him on our bench in the coming season too.

I thought he had a decent game again today.

He just never gives up, and would have got his reward, had it not been for a great save by De Gea!
Lukaku however.....

I thought he had a decent game again today.

He just never gives up, and would have got his reward, had it not been for a great save by De Gea!
Lukaku however.....
World class save for a top class shot there. The first chance he had - you could see how annoyed he was he didn't control that better; the 2nd - awkward ball which I think even he didn't think would reach him so he just tried to "hit and hope" - didn't work out...

Overall - great play, smart movement, valuable asset to our team and the way we play, as he suits it fine, despite being not very technically gifted.

Rangers fan here o/

Naismith joined us and immediately got a cruciate injury, his comeback was slow and he looked like he'd never be more than a sub. He picked up every season and by the time he left was on fire, by far the best player we had, a thorn in Celtic's side. When he joined Everton he had a cruciate injury again and its like watching the whole thing over again, he's still not at his best and can get a helluva lot better yet but he seems to be lacking in confidence still and it shows in his first touch.

He will forever be a Judas to Rangers after leaving us in our darkest hour then trying to justify it in a press conference but we all make mistakes, he did give us some good years and players careers aren't long.

I don't think he is anywhere near his best though, hopefully its still there and Everton can get the best from him. Selling Jela before letting the two of them play thru the middle together was a mistake though.
Interesting - thanks for the info. Thanks for Richard Gough too!

I thought he was excellent today.

He fluffed a couple of good chances but his all round link up play was impressive IMO.

He is like an old fashioned inside forward....I can't be doing with this "no. 10" bollox.

Rangers fan here o/

Naismith joined us and immediately got a cruciate injury, his comeback was slow and he looked like he'd never be more than a sub. He picked up every season and by the time he left was on fire, by far the best player we had, a thorn in Celtic's side. When he joined Everton he had a cruciate injury again and its like watching the whole thing over again, he's still not at his best and can get a helluva lot better yet but he seems to be lacking in confidence still and it shows in his first touch.

He will forever be a Judas to Rangers after leaving us in our darkest hour then trying to justify it in a press conference but we all make mistakes, he did give us some good years and players careers aren't long.

I don't think he is anywhere near his best though, hopefully its still there and Everton can get the best from him. Selling Jela before letting the two of them play thru the middle together was a mistake though.
I'm a Rangers supporter and certainly don't class him a traitor. I don't blame him for leaving when he did. The club was a shambles and they had no idea what was going on.

Glad to see him doing well. Thought he played very well today. His movement is brilliant. Picks up very good positions.

I thought he played well today for Everton, worked hard and seen a lot of the ball, shame he had a good chance in the first half and sliced it

I'm a Rangers supporter and certainly don't class him a traitor. I don't blame him for leaving when he did. The club was a shambles and they had no idea what was going on.

Glad to see him doing well. Thought he played very well today. His movement is brilliant. Picks up very good positions.

It was the fact he went and called Rangers a club that didn't exist any longer (as justification for leaving the sinking ship) that, I believe, rankled them most.

It was the fact he went and called Rangers a club that didn't exist any longer (as justification for leaving the sinking ship) that, I believe, rankled them most.
Well at the time nobody knew what was going on. It was a bad situation. I'm sure he regrets saying that but everyone makes mistakes.

It certainly doesn't bother me!

He was superb again today, great link up play, won most if his headers and like the Sunderland game fashioned up 2 chances that he could have scored from. That's the only shine missing on his performance today that he will be disappointed he didn't get on the score sheet. As far as I'm concerned though he should currently be one of the first names on the team sheet. We look infinitely more potent with him as one of the 3 up top. Made up for the lad as he looked shot tt pieces last season. Since Feb this season he's more than played his part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back