Match Thread Stoke City v Everton 1/2/17 KO 8pm GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem last night was everything went through barkley no one else was able to create anything as we didnt play with wingers, so everytime something didn't come off for barkley the groans started again, yes he didn't have a great game but the fans really need to leave the lad alone, davies makes a mistake which he did last night and its unlucky tom keep going lad, barkley makes a mistake or a pass doesn't end in a goal and its ya sh1te ross etc etc.
Tom is just bursting through, barkleys been around for yonks now. Barkley has been much improved of late, but yesterday for me felt like his performances prior to his upturn in fortunes again, granted it was a tough game.

I'd like to see barkley in more advanced positions, isn't really finding any space to put.himself in with a chance of scoring.

To be honest I thought Davies had periods of the game like barkley, where he was giving away sloppy possession.

The difference is that Davies has the tenacity and stamina to try and win the ball back. Ross has been trying harder but I always get the feeling he isn't fit enough to be the midfield dynamo we all hoped he could be. Fitter than Del but weaker than Davies.

I just hope that the fans don't destroy Davies when his inevitable dip in form arrives, particularly at Goodison were we boo the team if they aren't 2-0 up at the 15 minute mark.

I'm with you Eggs, I honestly believe he has no football brain, time after time we breakdown from his possession, for me he and Miralas are our weak links.
Think both left out on Saturday

Haven't seen much on the game, however this is a game we would have lost under Martinez and it feels like we are heading in the right direction. Stoke have lost only 3 at home in the league, Tottenham & Man City were 2 of these and we have only won 4 away and 2 of those came in our last 4 away games ! Let's keep positive and look forward to many good years ahead.

Never seen a team moan as much, or a set of fans moan as much, when the ref didn't get one single decision wrong.

Horrid inbred mutants.

They're mutants like but it's their on way of making it an intimidating place to play. A lot to catch up on GP when we're in full flow

We ground out a draw when the majority of the team were not really at the races. Switching to a back four and the subs made a difference and we got into the game more and more.

They're mutants like but it's their on way of making it an intimidating place to play. A lot to catch up on GP when we're in full flow
Yes, but constantly booing every decision given against you, even when they are clearly obvious, becomes
very tiresome. I was going to say pisses you off , but thought I'd better not.

BTW, I don't know if there such a thing as Stoke TV, but I think I was getting it through BeIN SPORTS.

I was amazed at the stat re distance run
Crouch 12.5km lukaku 8.5 or thereabouts. Now I'm a rom fan but when he's not in the mood there is little effort. Last night offered nothing To be outrun by so much by a 36 yr old crouch well says it all

Unsure how we failed to deal with Crouch, who was even doing fancy deft flicks in the first half, such was his confidence against our back line. All in all a pretty meek effort from our back three in dealing with him and Arnautevic. Just delighted we had Robles who was by and far man of the match! Gueye coming back into the side should help us out massively, as he'll cover every blade and stop players having the freedom of the field as Crouch did last night. Gueye 100% to start against Bournemouth.

I was amazed at the stat re distance run
Crouch 12.5km lukaku 8.5 or thereabouts. Now I'm a rom fan but when he's not in the mood there is little effort. Last night offered nothing To be outrun by so much by a 36 yr old crouch well says it all
last season Lukaku had run the least out of 420+ players that had played in the Prem. 8k is a lot for him, last season think he did about 6.

@Eggs i agree with you on Barkley, i think his main problem is he over thinks things, an ends up dithering with the ball.
Davies seems to spot openings and doesn't take a touch and just passes it, Barkley always seem to take 1 or 2 touches before he decides what he is doing. That's why he so frustrating to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back