Stoke City v Everton. 15th Dec @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'd like a favour to help my case.
ChrisHolleyEFC if you're reading, and if you have the time, could you do one of your Player specials, make it a double header, Fellaini against Spurs & Stoke. Would love to see how many times he gives it away.

No, you need to do it.

You've already had all the evidence presented to you that totally debunks your bulls**t opinion of Fellaini, now the onus is on you to provide videos or other evidence which shows he is a 'highlights player'.

No, you need to do it.

You've already had all the evidence presented to you that totally debunks your bulls**t opinion of Fellaini, now the onus is on you to provide videos or other evidence which shows he is a 'highlights player'.

*Passes Brennan the chair*

qo7k9f.gif

My observations:

1) The obvious. Fellaini blew it today good style. My guess is that he'll get three matches for those stunts. Six to nine matches? Says who? They're forgetting that the FA will more than likely go by precedents set in other bannings and no similar incidents have ever gotten a six to nine match ban. They're just talking ****e now.

2) Shawcross. Yes, Mr. Innocent in all of this. Yeah, Fellaini was wrong and yes, he should have seen red. Yes he should be banned. With all of that said, Shawcross' thuggery (defending) was laughable. Couldn't cover him straight up so resorted to cheap fouling which unfortunately was missed all match by Halsey (who shares some blame in this.) Halsey had absolutely zero consistency in his foul calls for either side. In all likelihood, it never would have gotten to that point had Halsey not swallowed his whistle.

3) Whelan handball in the box not called. Par for the course where Everton are concerned.

4) Osman's miss. Awful. Just awful. Didn't even put it on the frame.

5) Pienaar's miss. About as bad as Osman's. Didn't even put it on the frame.

6) Howard. Geez, really? Had some very good plays but that one miscue just blows it all. Getting to be a regular habit for him worryingly so.

7) Fellaini's non red and the misses on the handball, Osman's shot, and Pienaar's shot make a draw a rightful result for both clubs.

No, you need to do it.

I fail to see how two contradicting opinions - even if mine is in the minority - somehow counts as evidence "debunking" my opinion. You are not in a position to make that claim.

I also fail to see why he is being defended so vigorously. Apart from the character issues we again saw today - and admit it, come on, the underlying feeling that he wanted to get sent off to give himself a little holiday, why else would he look around to see the ref, make sure hes looking at him, and then do it? He's lucky Halsey is blind - he just plays really poorly. I am possibly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and put him in central midfield but he was moved back for a period today and was still rubbish, and besides, I'd have Osman and Gibson over him any day. Which means the only satisfying resolution for me is a big money sale. Until then he will just frustrate the hell out of me, and being in a dissenting minority is not something that fazes me, I am not afraid to express and opinion I am confident is well-reasoned and well-justified.

I recall when the we got the midfield everyone was crying out for - Rodwell and Fellaini - and the football was so depressing I just didn't know where to look. Fellaini has never really impressed me, aside from of course the odd match, because his overall game is just riddled with deficiencies. A good goalscoring record seems to have papered over the cracks, but when he isnt scoring, I'm not sure what he offers.

I fail to see how two contradicting opinions - even if mine is in the minority - somehow counts as evidence "debunking" my opinion. You are not in a position to make that claim.

I also fail to see why he is being defended so vigorously. Apart from the character issues we again saw today - and admit it, come on, the underlying feeling that he wanted to get sent off to give himself a little holiday, why else would he look around to see the ref, make sure hes looking at him, and then do it? He's lucky Halsey is blind - he just plays really poorly. I am possibly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and put him in central midfield but he was moved back for a period today and was still rubbish, and besides, I'd have Osman and Gibson over him any day. Which means the only satisfying resolution for me is a big money sale. Until then he will just frustrate the hell out of me, and being in a dissenting minority is not something that fazes me, I am not afraid to express and opinion I am confident is well-reasoned and well-justified.

I recall when the we got the midfield everyone was crying out for - Rodwell and Fellaini - and the football was so depressing I just didn't know where to look. Fellaini has never really impressed me, aside from of course the odd match, because his overall game is just riddled with deficiencies. A good goalscoring record seems to have papered over the cracks, but when he isnt scoring, I'm not sure what he offers.

You say things like 'his first touch and passing is rubbish', and then i post a video of the United game where his first touch and passing were brilliant. That's how you debunk an opinion with evidence.

You just go around saying 'hes crap' but haven't really offered any stats, or video evidence or anything to prove your opinion. It's not like you've just said he's overrated, you've said he's garbage, which means one of three things imo:

a) You're too stubborn to admit your opinion is ridiculous
b) You're on a wind up
c) You don't watch football

Literally every outside observer has been saying how impressive Fellaini has been this season, and there have been reports of him going to CL clubs for years. Those links don't get made unless the player is doing something to back it up on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back