Stoke City v Everton. 15th Dec @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke are masters of sneaky fouls without catching the referee's attention, so fair enough if you can get away with it.

Osman's miss was the crucial moment of the game. Bury that, as any 10 year old would have, and we are 2-0 up and probably go on to win.

On the plus side I won £190 betting on the 1-1.

I fail to see how two contradicting opinions - even if mine is in the minority - somehow counts as evidence "debunking" my opinion. You are not in a position to make that claim.

I also fail to see why he is being defended so vigorously. Apart from the character issues we again saw today - and admit it, come on, the underlying feeling that he wanted to get sent off to give himself a little holiday, why else would he look around to see the ref, make sure hes looking at him, and then do it? He's lucky Halsey is blind - he just plays really poorly. I am possibly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and put him in central midfield but he was moved back for a period today and was still rubbish, and besides, I'd have Osman and Gibson over him any day. Which means the only satisfying resolution for me is a big money sale. Until then he will just frustrate the hell out of me, and being in a dissenting minority is not something that fazes me, I am not afraid to express and opinion I am confident is well-reasoned and well-justified.

I recall when the we got the midfield everyone was crying out for - Rodwell and Fellaini - and the football was so depressing I just didn't know where to look. Fellaini has never really impressed me, aside from of course the odd match, because his overall game is just riddled with deficiencies. A good goalscoring record seems to have papered over the cracks, but when he isnt scoring, I'm not sure what he offers.

How many games did we play with Rodwell and Fellaini in the centre of midfield? Barely a handful I think.

I seem to remember them looking a better pairing than Felli/Arteta at the time.

My observations:

1) The obvious. Fellaini blew it today good style. My guess is that he'll get three matches for those stunts. Six to nine matches? Says who? They're forgetting that the FA will more than likely go by precedents set in other bannings and no similar incidents have ever gotten a six to nine match ban. They're just talking ****e now.

2) Shawcross. Yes, Mr. Innocent in all of this. Yeah, Fellaini was wrong and yes, he should have seen red. Yes he should be banned. With all of that said, Shawcross' thuggery (defending) was laughable. Couldn't cover him straight up so resorted to cheap fouling which unfortunately was missed all match by Halsey (who shares some blame in this.) Halsey had absolutely zero consistency in his foul calls for either side. In all likelihood, it never would have gotten to that point had Halsey not swallowed his whistle.

3) Whelan handball in the box not called. Par for the course where Everton are concerned.

4) Osman's miss. Awful. Just awful. Didn't even put it on the frame.

5) Pienaar's miss. About as bad as Osman's. Didn't even put it on the frame.

6) Howard. Geez, really? Had some very good plays but that one miscue just blows it all. Getting to be a regular habit for him worryingly so.

7) Fellaini's non red and the misses on the handball, Osman's shot, and Pienaar's shot make a draw a rightful result for both clubs.

you missed moyes lack of ability to change things

My summary:

I went to watch Everton play a team like the old Wimbledon in a tin pot lego stadium on a retail park. Their fans seemed like utter tools as well. i'd expect they normally do a little mexican wave but it was too cold. Having said all that we held out and got a point and had the better of the game. It's points like that we might really appreciate come May. Seeing Barley come on with a decent run was good and hopefully he'll now get a run with Felli missing. I'm normally the greatest fan of the great belgian but yesterday he was a complete idiot. I only wish his dad was over from Brussels and gave him a good slap for that.

I fail to see how two contradicting opinions - even if mine is in the minority - somehow counts as evidence "debunking" my opinion. You are not in a position to make that claim.

I also fail to see why he is being defended so vigorously. Apart from the character issues we again saw today - and admit it, come on, the underlying feeling that he wanted to get sent off to give himself a little holiday, why else would he look around to see the ref, make sure hes looking at him, and then do it? He's lucky Halsey is blind - he just plays really poorly. I am possibly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and put him in central midfield but he was moved back for a period today and was still rubbish, and besides, I'd have Osman and Gibson over him any day. Which means the only satisfying resolution for me is a big money sale. Until then he will just frustrate the hell out of me, and being in a dissenting minority is not something that fazes me, I am not afraid to express and opinion I am confident is well-reasoned and well-justified.

I recall when the we got the midfield everyone was crying out for - Rodwell and Fellaini - and the football was so depressing I just didn't know where to look. Fellaini has never really impressed me, aside from of course the odd match, because his overall game is just riddled with deficiencies. A good goalscoring record seems to have papered over the cracks, but when he isnt scoring, I'm not sure what he offers.

CONSPIRACEE LADS FELLI PURPOSELY WANTED TO GET SENT OFF FOR ASSAULT

My observations:

1) The obvious. Fellaini blew it today good style. My guess is that he'll get three matches for those stunts. Six to nine matches? Says who? They're forgetting that the FA will more than likely go by precedents set in other bannings and no similar incidents have ever gotten a six to nine match ban. They're just talking ****e now.

The problem is that he didn't just commit 1 offence warranting a 3 match ban. If the FA want to bow to pressure they could say he committed 3 seperate red card incdients : the headbut, the shove in the face and the elbow. Which going by the Barton precedent where he comitted 2 further red card offecnes after recieving 1 means if the Fa really want to be arseholes they could use that example and really hit him with a big ban.

And i can't think of any other cases where a player has committed 3 serious foul play acts in one game that you know the FA would look at retrospectively.

Of course really the shove in the face could go either way and the elbow was nothing really but it depends on what the FA want to do.

I think the other two were yellow card offences but not a lot more, there was lots of pushing and shoving going on side the box for the hand in the face. So a four match ban.

no mate, he wanted the ball all the time and was for me the best of a bad bunch, not saying he had a sparkling game but he was always wanting the ball to take some responsibility.

ToffeeBlueNose, agree with the "bad bunch" bit, but thought Gibson and Distin were our best of the bad bunch, even Barkley when he came on showed more than most of the rest! Osman just goes missing for 4 or 5 games on the bounce, then has his good game, and as for his "miss" yesterday! May be we'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

ToffeeBlueNose, agree with the "bad bunch" bit, but thought Gibson and Distin were our best of the bad bunch, even Barkley when he came on showed more than most of the rest! Osman just goes missing for 4 or 5 games on the bounce, then has his good game, and as for his "miss" yesterday! May be we'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

that's your opinion dude, gibson almost cost us a goal yesterday with a tremendously bad pass that howard made a one on one save from just perspectives, i thought ossie was ok yesterday and i also think he's having a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back