Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton, 6th Feb 2016

The result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. We ran rings around him and he struggled to get to grips with the defensive side of the game. Which I thought was his role? Hence why I think he didn't look all that...

But its his first game for them. So maybe settling in period needed

Yeh I agree. He's only 23 so suppose he will improve his defensive side of the game, but i'm not exactly gutted that we haven't got him in or anything

I missed the game as I was playing football, only seen the highlights but could someone tell me how we played, who the best performers were?

Cracking result, another clean sheet, my main issues with the Catalan was his inability to pick a balanced side both attack and defence, also not giving two wingers a chance, in recent weeks he tried to play Lennon, Delboy and Mirallas, now he seems to have the balls to drop stones and abit of luck with Howards injury to play Robles, maybe injury is just a cover up but either way Martinez has a new number 1.

I think something that should of been considered is that they just beat us at goodison, maybe a little mental issue could of been apparent knowing what stoke can do to us if we weren't careful.

A win against west brom, coupled with a couple of draws/defeats around us could make the final run a little interesting.....

last 2 games been a big relief to see leads not look inevitable to be thrown
away been a frustrating season in many ways, lets hope for a great run in
to build good feeling through the club and make our best players want to stay...

I missed the game as I was playing football, only seen the highlights but could someone tell me how we played, who the best performers were?
We battered them to be honest and should have won by at least 6 and I think most would agree that I am not over-egging the pudding there. Everyone worth at least 7/10, with Barkley, Cleverly maybe an 8 but star man was defo Lennon, who was brilliant throughout, attacking and defending and closing down. Butland MOM for them which tells its own story. Best we've played for the entire 90 minutes and everyone contributing all season for me.

We battered them to be honest and should have won by at least 6 and I think most would agree that I am not over-egging the pudding there. Everyone worth at least 7/10, with Barkley, Cleverly maybe an 8 but star man was defo Lennon, who was brilliant throughout, attacking and defending and closing down. Butland MOM for them which tells its own story. Best we've played for the entire 90 minutes and everyone contributing all season for me.

Happy with that then, Barkley has got himself a good few fun of games then and Lennon getting a chance to prove his worth. Cleverley is a good player to have in the squad, versatile and a good passer. His work off the ball goes unnoticed by some. Table doesn't look a bad reading now. owever the Bournemouth and Chelsea result, if we got wins there it wouldn't look bad at all

hard to prove a negative, it's just the cynic in me.
so hardly able it state it as proven fact to the point you feel pity for someone who thinks otherwise.

Just you wait until Tim is 'Fit' again. Then we'll see some Top International standard Goalkeeping. West Brom won't know what's hit them.

so hardly able it state it as proven fact to the point you feel pity for someone who thinks otherwise.

Just you wait until Tim is 'Fit' again. Then we'll see some Top International standard Goalkeeping. West Brom won't know what's hit them.

Having grasped the nettle once Martinez won't let go in a hurry. Even when back to 'fitness' Timbo may be back on the bench, knee deep in the usual platitudes, about 'no need to rush back too soon' could play if 'really' needed, but it won't hurt to manage his return in stages and all that sort of guff.
Baring a real injury or a spate of Howard-esque poor games Robles is in for the duration. Our 'Star-jump Trooper' might get a game or half Vs Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back