• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez is not racist or a diver - Dalglish LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but at least the top five threads in the everton forum are usually about how crap we are. At least we have a sense of realism about us. Contrast and compare.

and to be fair, it's pretty much the biggest news in football right now. There was a hundred page thread on a sunderland forum about the issue, so it's not just us. The top sports stories on the news were collymore's racial abuse and the Lpwlftblclb fan being arrested. The whole world are cottoning on to the rascals.

It says a lot about our club when, maybe even moreso when the two top topics are both about Liverpool.

It's football the whole world round though isn't it? Local rivals/national rivals/international rivals - they're always just off centre stage ready to be trundled on to the centre. You want to read a book called 'Morbo' about the rivalry in Spanish football and how every misfortune is seized on to take advantage/the high ground.

It's not just us who do it, it's global; and it's the most natural thing in football to do.

Davek this isn't about rivalry, it's about racism and their moronic fans who have shot them whilst they are down, and we are taking the "laugh at then whilst they are down" moral high ground approach. You can take the refined humble approach and remind us of our our grim past.

Football fans should be united in condemning this, not looking for points to score off it, and remind them of the other misdemeanours they are guilty of.

I've always considered them lot a lot less eager to make a name for themselves in news, they are held like some sort ofO national treasure, so seeing them in this state, particularly after the Daily Mail ensure Bert & Ernie show at the High Court is brilliantly ironic.

What, and why is the interest in this?

Davek this isn't about rivalry, it's about racism and their moronic fans who have shot them whilst they are down, and we are taking the "laugh at then whilst they are down" moral high ground approach. You can take the refined humble approach and remind us of our our grim past.

Football fans should be united in condemning this, not looking for points to score off it, and remind them of the other misdemeanours they are guilty of.

I've always considered them lot a lot less eager to make a name for themselves in news, they are held like some sort ofO national treasure, so seeing them in this state, particularly after the Daily Mail ensure Bert & Ernie show at the High Court is brilliantly ironic.

Bryan, this is what football is about (not all of it, but a big chunk of it). The idea that football supporters wont take any and every opportunity to have a go at their nearest and bitterest rivals is unreal - it belongs to some non-existent golden age of football. And in any case, people can be genuine in their outrage at Liverpool's actions and take the opportunity to have a dig. I have no problem with the latter...especially when Liverpool have traded on their self-image of 'doing the right thing' and 'best supporters in the world' brand for so long. There's a feeling that the day of reckoning has arrived for that type of hubris.

Bryan, this is what football is about (not all of it, but a big chunk of it). The idea that football supporters wont take any and every opportunity to have a go at their nearest and bitterest rivals is unreal - it belongs to some non-existent golden age of football. And in any case, people can be genuine in their outrage at Liverpool's actions and take the opportunity to have a dig. I have no problem with the latter...especially when Liverpool have traded on their self-image of 'doing the right thing' and 'best supporters in the world' brand for so long. There's a feeling that the day of reckoning has arrived for that type of hubris.

AND it's quite funny........

I hate racism, I hate LFC, I hate the hypocrisy and double standards for the rich clubs in football, I hate Suarez and I hate delusional kopites. I hated them all before this incident, but this episode has parcelled it all up in a tidy package and I am dleighted that all of the above are getting it from all sides at last.

thats the thing though! this as much as it is true cant happen until the liverpool fans condemn it them selves. every liverpool fan ive tried to speak rationally about this just go into a "cuz its united we had no chance ect..... rage" and will not admit to the fact that the whole thing needs condemning!

and while they carry on with there deluded stance i for one will laugh at them and them only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back