• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in two minds over this, I'm actually pleasantly surprised that there is any ban on club football at all, thought FIFA would bottle that altogether, but then if you are going to ban him from international and domestic football, the ban should should surely be longer than the last one for the same offence, end of October means 9 games effectively. He will also be out for the start of their CL campaign I suppose.

From those lovely folks over at RAWK (sorry bout the bad language mods...just copying directly):

Jesus [Poor language removed] christ...
[Poor language removed] typical.
So Liverpool have to suffer more games without him than Uruguay the team he committed the offence for?
thats [Poor language removed] bullshit
So we get [Poor language removed] over again? nice you Luis daft, mad [Poor language removed].
The lad needs help not (just) punishment. There is no reason why Liverpool should suffer.
We better [Poor language removed] appeal this!
So he is going to be banned for almost more matches for Us than Uruguay? Well that seems fair
What a joke, 2 months less that Rio got for missing a drugs test. Shocking by FIFA.
It'll be reduced on appeal. Has to be. LFC won't stand for it.

Still shocking though.
Are they [Poor language removed] serious?
Unfair. Totally unfair. Poor luis.
We'll appeal and win
[Poor language removed] OFF

JUST [Poor language removed] OFF

I don't know how people aren't more pleased with this. I didn't think the ban would have any impact on his club football. Now he misses the game against us and all football activities including training. That's pretty severe, they were hardly going to ban him from football for life.

I don't know how people aren't more pleased with this. I didn't think the ban would have any impact on his club football. Now he misses the game against us and all football activities including training. That's pretty severe, they were hardly going to ban him from football for life.

People wanted him burnt at the stake.

he's made FIFA look very weak here btw, the whole of uruguay has.

they've all been in denial, denying it was nothing and that nothing happened and FIFA have decided not to punish them even harder. this is a dark day in the sport it must be said, little old uruguay making the world governing body look small and timid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back