• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think FIFA only have the power to ban him for international games, so I'd be surprised if he played again in this world cup. I'd also not imagine that either the FA or UEFA have any kind of power to do anything here. The onus would be on Liverpool to take a moral stand, which we all know they won't do as he practically is their team and money over-rides ethics in sport.

I nearly spat my tea out with your "Liverpool to take a moral stand" ..........

Punishment he should get is a long ban.

Punishment he will get is a couple of game ban for this world cup as FIFA are gutless cowards.

He will get away with it.......

You just know he will...
He can't get away with it, not this one. He is not only a repeat offender of the crime in which saw him banned for 10 games only 12 months ago, but the photo's are clear as day.

He can't and won't get away with it. Fifa are the world governing body of football and i expect a ban from football coming. This is a case that simply cannot be ignored.

......imagine if you're a parent and pay for his name on your kids shirt. Unbelievable the denial of some folk and the esteem they hold him in when he's not fit to lace the boots of decent human beings.

He can't get away with it, not this one. He is not only a repeat offender of the crime in which saw him banned for 10 games only 12 months ago, but the photo's are clear as day.

He can't and won't get away with it. Fifa are the world governing body of football and i expect a ban from football coming. This is a case that simply cannot be ignored.

...I'm not so sure where FIFA are concerned.

I recall when Australia went to Uruguay for a wc qualifier they were all spat on...

The BBC are airbrushing it. Just had the 5 Live sports news. Not a mention.
ESPN were going crazy over it an hour ago. Replay after replay from all angles. Numerous people were commenting on it.

The next 24 hours should be interesting. I've already heard the rumours that Fifa are investigating the incident. A decision will most likely be made after the world cup on any sort of ban. However, if this incident is in the ref's match report, which it will be, then surely they will suspend him from playing any further in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back