• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needed a firmer stance taken. The world governing body of football had a chance to stamp this out and put the fear of god in him and anyone else likely to bring the game into such disrepute. His previous behaviour should have meant that he shouldn't be playing 3/4 of a season still.

Apparently it's 13 club games the ban now covers, including Champions League and a League Cup game.

Nowhere near enough.

Remarkable stat - this latest ban means he has been banned for 39 games since 2010 without picking up one red card.

It really is. A cop out suspension knowing the majority of it runs during a meaningless time.

Bang on the money there.

ITV are broadcasting a documentary on the "Rise of the Super Rat" this evening at 7.30pm. Good timing or what

I am pleasantly surprised he has got the ban he has, would prefer more just to the RS stew in their own bile more but wasn't expecting a club ban. At least he is out of the world cup now.

Uruguay might not play against Colombia.

@RafaelH117: Uruguay Representative claims the federation is considering not playing vs Colombia because of the Suárez ban. [@vickydavilalafm]
Cool, give Columbia a bye into the next round, they'll be made up!

Apparently it's 13 club games the ban now covers, including Champions League and a League Cup game.

Nowhere near enough.

Remarkable stat - this latest ban means he has been banned for 39 games since 2010 without picking up one red card.
I'd personally have dished about a 20 game all club game ban. I don't think that's unreasonable given his previous.

No. I can tell you what will. When someone on the pitch knocks him out cold, takes a few teeth with the punch, and then gives him a good kick in the ribs for good
measure.

Although whoever that is will probably then be banned for at least 6 months.

Riddick Bowe on a free? He is a Blue after all. Right man for the job

Im happy with this as I was expecting it to be an International ban only

Same, would have liked a 6 months ban, 4 seems a bit pointless considering the season doesnt start for 2months, but its likely that UraGAY and the RS will appeal so hopefully FIFA will stick another 6months for them taking the piss with the appeal.

This biting malarkey goes beyond footballing foul play and into the realms of assault, imo. Even a bonkers knee-high tackle or an elbow to the chops is within the boundaries of what is reasonable to expect on a football pitch. Biting is not. Its the act of a savage. Suarez needs to be sent away to an asylum for some serious counselling; any ban should be conducive to such counselling, not seen in purely sporting terms (hence why I think FIFA went some way towards this by imposing a time ban rather than a match ban).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back