Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
injuries aside, Barkley would be our best midfielder by a long distance

..it’s a discussion that’s been done to death and it’s all a matter of opinion. Talent is only one part of being a footballer, attitude, intelligence and application are others. The talent shines through when the the pressure is off. The attitude and application is required to take the big games by the scruff of the neck and positively influence them.

He’s a talent, no doubt about that but he didn’t impact games positively on a week by week basis like truly top players do. Add to that the hamstring, which has been operated on and must be deep seated. It would be high risk for any club to take him from an injury perspective.

..it’s a discussion that’s been done to death and it’s all a matter of opinion. Talent is only one part of being a footballer, attitude, intelligence and application are others. The talent shines through when the the pressure is off. The attitude and application is required to take the big games by the scruff of the neck and positively influence them.

He’s a talent, no doubt about that but he didn’t impact games positively on a week by week basis like truly top players do. Add to that the hamstring, which has been operated on and must be deep seated. It would be high risk for any club to take him from an injury perspective.
Just compare Messi (my favourite player on the planet) and Ronaldo, who is think is a vile git. But i know who steps up to the plate when the presusre is on, and it aint Leo!

I fully expect Mirallas or even Bolasie being outwide and not Lozano at the start of the season.

Just compare Messi (my favourite player on the planet) and Ronaldo, who is think is a vile git. But i know who steps up to the plate when the presusre is on, and it aint Leo!

..it’s why a lot of the most effective players are not the most talented but when you have a blend of attitude and real quality you have something special.

I use a phrase; ‘they play like the game matters’. It’s something to ask about any player we are linked with.

Seen people on Twitter say that they believe - based off the body language of DCL and Silva in one photo in the gym - DCL has been told he's got to leave (at that point as well, not like an office chat) and is clearly taking the news badly.

Mate, our fans are idiots.

I mean, football fans in general are, but we have some proper mongs.

Er, kindly do not use that terminology as it is highly offensive.

Wouldn't have Barkley back on loan. You don't forgive and forget being deliberately shafted like he did to the club, add to that his hammies now need to be proved all over again, damaged goods etc., plus and this is major, if he's not good enough for chelski he's not good enough for what we want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back