Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Esk hasn't said anything remotely like we're skint.

As we all know, the current squad and therefore the wage bill is far too large, especially with no European football this season.

Therefore the fairly sensible assumption, and has been widely reported, is that the squad/wage bill both need to be quite seriously reduced in order, and possibly before, expensive new signings are confirmed.

I thought as much, it makes excellent business sense. It's very frustrating though as thanks to previous regimes we have some well remunerated sh@£e that will be hard to flush out!

Whoevever decided for example to sign off on mirallas' contract extension needs to be subjected to a public flogging.

giphy.gif

I won’t link it but the Scottish version of the scum paper (spoils for language) are reporting we’ve dropped our interest in Tierney due to them wanting £25m.

It’s in bbc sport gossip page.

Disappointing if true

...yep saw that. Pretty much ties in with yesterday’s report that we are not prepared to go beyond £20m. A Tierney purchase seems progressive to me. Rather that than pay a similar amount for Rose or Plattenhardt. Saying that, the new regime appear to have strict valuation and are not prepared to go beyond it.

Last edited:
Think having had time to look at who we are linked with last few weeks I'd only expect 3 signings. CB, LB and a forward that can play all across the front 3.

I reckon silvas two goals this season and certainly what I'd prioritise is organising the defence and improve our speed on transition from defence to attack.

Ideally we could do with a new centre mid too for that, but I reckon time and squad trimming is against us this window.

I reckon klaassen and schneidelrin will be given a last chance.

We should see some movement when a couple of Sandro, mirallas, possibly bolasie, and Williams are moved on. That still leave quite a big squad with any incomings so reckon silva has a few tough choices on younger players like dowell, vlasic etc.

...yep saw that. Pretty much ties in with yesterday’s report that we are not prepared to go beyond £20m. A Tierney purchase seems progressive to me. Rather that than pay a similar amount for Rose or Plattenhardt. Saying that, the new regime appear to have strict valuation and are not prepared to go beyond it.

If that is true, then surely we could have found that out inside 5 minutes and moved on ages ago.

Well I'm being a bit narrow minded because I'm just going off WC performance he could be a belter at club level but not done enough for me for Sweden.
Agree he hasn’t stood out for Sweden in the WC but I know people thought highly of him at club level. I think he was linked to the RS last year for significantly more money than current gossip suggests

The piece out of the paper, saying we have give up on Tierney, but Rose is still a target. Says to me what a load of rubbish it is.

I doubt paying 30 million for a 28yrd old with injury problems, fits in with Brands’s Long term vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back