Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to look like same old same old for EFC....don't think we'll move enough dross out / decent signings in....hope to be wrong ...but not feeling too good about the club right now !

I'm not worried about the club, but I will start to worry about this season if mid-July hits and nothing else happens in the transfer market. A lot more needs to happen than just signing someone. That's putting a band-aid on a dam that is about to burst. A lot more needs fixing.

My guess is that Silva will relay to Brands the guys that have to go after the two matches behind closed doors in Austria.

That being said, we know a couple automatics you’d think.

....on this day last year, Wayne Rooney returned to Everton. What a difference 12 months makes, here’s what’s being rumoured this Monday morning;

- Calciomercato continue to suggest Everton and Roma lead the charge for RB Leipzig attacking midfielder, Emil Forsberg. The Swedish international failed to impress as much as expected in the recent World Cup. The Star suggest the player would cost £25m.

- According to The Daily Mirror, Everton have turned down an improved bid of £14m from RB Leipzig for winger, Ademola Lookman.

- The Mirror also says Arsenal face a battle with Everton and West Ham for French midfielder, Steven N’Zonzi. French outlet, Le10 Sport, suggest Everton and West Ham are desperate to sign the 29 year old from Sevilla.

- Tutto Mercato Web say Everton have been dealt a blow as Manchester United have entered the race to sign PSVs Mexican winger, Hirving Lozano.

- Turkish outlet, Fanatik, report Fenerbahce still await Everton’s response after making a loan offer for Yannick Bolasie. They say the player is keen on the move and has agreed personal terms. Marco Silva will make up his mind on Bolasie’s future in the next 10 days.

- The Liverpool Echo pick up on reports that Everton have walked away from talks with Celtic regarding Left Back Kieran Tierney. The Toffees apparently baulked at the £25m asking price but the Echo say it might not be the last we hear of Everton and Tierney. Everton are looking at other options, but the situation may change the closer we get to deadline day. The Daily Star reckon Manchester United are ‘watching’ Tierney.

- O Jogo report from Portugal that Marco Silva has asked Everton’s Board to sort out a deal for Benfica’s Peruvian winger, Andre Carrillo. Saudi Arabian club, Al Hilal are apparently in talks to sign the player on loan.

- A report in AS suggests Barcelona are looking to sign Sevilla defender, Clement Lenglet. This could bolster Everton’s pursuit of Barcelona’s Colombian Centre Back, Yerry Mina.

Last edited:

I’d be surprised if Man Utd went for Lazano considering they have Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, Rashford, Martial and Lukaku.

I still think we can get him.

Silva wrote a list out for Harrods and has just found out he has to go to Lidl.

Gone through and read all the “best before “ dates and is patiently waiting for the staff to reduce the price at the last minute , he will then swoop in and grab a bargain , that’s assuming nobody else buys them tho which is always a risk

I'm not worried about the club, but I will start to worry about this season if mid-July hits and nothing else happens in the transfer market. A lot more needs to happen than just signing someone. That's putting a band-aid on a dam that is about to burst. A lot more needs fixing.
Even if we signed no one we’d be in a better position than we were last season. Any signing will be a bonus imo. I feel quite relaxed about it.

I don't think this is just to do with Moshiri trying to save money, it's also an attempt to downgrade supporter expectations. I mean what are our expectations for next season? To win nothing and to finish around the same position that Allardyce achieved. We had much greater expetitions 10 years ago.

I don't think this is just to do with Moshiri trying to save money, it's also an attempt to downgrade supporter expectations. I mean what are out expectations for next season? To win nothing and to finish around the same position that Allardyce achieved. We had much greater expetitions 10 years ago.
Exactly. Has the feeling of a managed decline.

Moshiri threw the dice and invested a bit of money, hasn’t gone the way he thought it would, so now he wants it back.

Next Randy Lerner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back