Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry mate, but the facts speak for themselves. Moshiri has absolutely no problem with selling our best players, as he's already done it on several occasions since coming to Everton, and he would sell any of our current squad if their valuation was met.

big wow! ALL teams do it, look at Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez etc all left far bigger clubs than ours. So Mosh sold Rom, he had no choice mate,even though that doesn't fit your agenda,it is fact.

and he would sell any of our current squad if their valuation was met...erm yeh, so would every chairman, that is what valuations are you wombat.

I have to admit having serious concerns about our lack of transfer activity.

The general concensus is that both Manager and Director of Football were sounded out many months ago and thus would have had the chance to see our miserable season come to its end and run the rule over players well in advance.

A blind man could see we have far too big a squad filled with players whose best days are long behind them (namely Jagielka and Williams), players who do not belong at this level (Browning, Galloway, Mirallas, Besic, Bolasie) or expensive flops (Klaassen, Sandro if you take into account his wages). That's 9 players without me even thinking about it for longer than about 10 seconds.

All we have been able to do is shift Rooney.

We limped home to a top half finish last season and fan morale was probably at a 20-year low, yet zero progress has been made in terms of strengthening a clearly too-weak squad.

I see one of these things being the case, which is extremely concerning if points 1, 2 or 3 are the reality:

1. Manager and Director of Football are mostly satisfied with the players in the squad and just want to trim it down
2. Manager and Director of football did not have any idea about our players before they started officially for us
3. We are skint and need to sell to buy
4. We're working on loads of deals and it's just taking a long time

The season starts in 5 weeks, yet we have a huge squad, one that needs a major revamp, that had us finish a mere 5 or so points off the likes of Bournemouth and Crystal Palace who were touted for relegation for most of the season.

We now have until the 9th of August to purchase at least 3 players who can walk directly into our starting xi, plus sale at least 6 or 7 players who are taking a wage but providing absolutely nothing to the club.

Another farcical summer at Everton then.

100%, but these pussies have managed to convince themselves that Brands and Silva cannot see this or, don't care, or were totally duped by Mosh and have £100 to spend, it's laughable Mike, they are literally twisiting everything to give them cry status.

I admit the doom mongering is over the top. Most of us accepted our squad was cat piss a long time ago, and would take a lot more than one summer to get us back on track properly. If people had accepted that beforehand rather than expecting a Football Manager-style overhaul with 14 players leaving and 8 coming in, I think their bedsheets would be a little drier.

big wow! ALL teams do it, look at Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez etc all left far bigger clubs than ours. So Mosh sold Rom, he had no choice mate,even though that doesn't fit your agenda,it is fact.

and he would sell any of our current squad if their valuation was met...erm yeh, so would every chairman, that is what valuations are you wombat.

You said that Moshiri is only interested in selling our poor players, and I said that there are only poor players left to sell, as Moshiri had already sold our three best players for over 150 million pounds.

Expectations have declined under Moshiri, and that's because our squad is getting progressively worse under his administration.

I'm more concerned with the fact Ashley Williams and Kevin Mirallas are still here than I am that we haven't signed anyone to be fair.
soomeone has to want them. Williams will have offers it's just whether he's willing to take a wage cut to play first team football as i can't imagine anyone is stupid enough to pay him what we do. Kev on the otherhand i think we're stuck with. The best we can hope for is a lone to someone who will pay the majority of his wages.

Mirallas - even the damn awful Olympiacos didn't want to sign him permanently. Somehow still has at least a year on his contract with us and is going nowhere.

Besic - rubbish, even Middlesbrough didn't fancy him. Several years left, nobody will take him unless it's for free and we top up his wages.

Klaassen - not good enough, yet on sky high wages. Will need to take a massive loss and likely top up his wages at his next club.

Bolasie - not even League One standard but on wages that suggest he should be one of our very best players. Years left on his deal, nightmare and we're stuck with him.

Sandro - huge wages, he doesn't want to be here yet won't leave and has nobody who wants him.

Galloway/Browning - seem to have been here for years and years yet nobody will take them (because they are crap). Thankfully should be on relatively low wages at least.

Williams - finished at this level, insane wages, suffered a nasty injury, nobody will even look once at him, never mind twice. Stuck with him.

Jagielka - might be ok for another year to use in extreme emergencies, but really could do with shifting his wages to a better player who comes in.

Baines - huge wages, finished at this level but could be good backup as we clearly won't sign two left backs. I see no chance of him going.

Martina - useless player with a decent attitude. Says it all that even Southampton didn't want him. He'll be staying unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back