Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
People moaning that we can't sell half the squad of players we think are rubbish but have a go that our best players don't stay because we have a squad full of rubbish and want to win things.

WOW! And don't you dare go on about AMBITION
because the majority of you are happy clapping players with Gravesen, Heitinga, Besic but boo'd the crap out of Lukaku and Stones plus moaned that a 30 year old Arteta wanted to win something and earn one last big payday and cryed when Shaquri or Rasmus Elm didn't sign!

Yes we are a successful club but we haven't been for years so we need to re-evaluate our club status and work to become better.

Silva and Brands have been here a week and Moshri has done more for the club then Blue Bill or Johnson have EVER DONE!

I think it's time Evertonians instead of attacking the club from within ACTUALLY supported it in the present instead of the past.

To live in the past, is to die in the present.

So, just so I get this right, you want our massive massive wage bill to be even higher?

And to keep buying like we did last summer which went so well?

So you’re saying any large spend will automatically go wrong, like it did last year?

What an odd way of looking at things.

Going on your logic, you’re making the assumption that Silva and Brands are of a similar quality to Koeman and Walsh.

So you’re saying any large spend will automatically go wrong, like it did last year?

What an odd way of looking at things.

Going on your logic, you’re making the assumption that Silva and Brands are of a similar quality to Koeman and Walsh.

I’m not saying that no.

I’m saying our wage bill is insane and needs cutting down a lot. You really don’t seem to be grasping this.

Odd way or not. That’s life. And moaning about us not signing anyone isn’t helping anyone.

I will agree with you that on the outset we need better players. But surely you have to let the new management team take a look at them and see if they can do anything with what we have before spending a penny?

That’s just logical surely??

Mirallas - even the damn awful Olympiacos didn't want to sign him permanently. Somehow still has at least a year on his contract with us and is going nowhere.

Besic - rubbish, even Middlesbrough didn't fancy him. Several years left, nobody will take him unless it's for free and we top up his wages.

Klaassen - not good enough, yet on sky high wages. Will need to take a massive loss and likely top up his wages at his next club.

Bolasie - not even League One standard but on wages that suggest he should be one of our very best players. Years left on his deal, nightmare and we're stuck with him.

Sandro - huge wages, he doesn't want to be here yet won't leave and has nobody who wants him.

Galloway/Browning - seem to have been here for years and years yet nobody will take them (because they are crap). Thankfully should be on relatively low wages at least.

Williams - finished at this level, insane wages, suffered a nasty injury, nobody will even look once at him, never mind twice. Stuck with him.

Jagielka - might be ok for another year to use in extreme emergencies, but really could do with shifting his wages to a better player who comes in.

Baines - huge wages, finished at this level but could be good backup as we clearly won't sign two left backs. I see no chance of him going.

Martina - useless player with a decent attitude. Says it all that even Southampton didn't want him. He'll be staying unfortunately.

Imagine how hard it is to sell any of these people.

Horrific mistakes of the past will be costing us now.

So, just so I get this right, you want our massive massive wage bill to be even higher?

And to keep buying like we did last summer which went so well?

We are in deep trouble if we are just trying to reduce our outgoings, as opposed to wanting to increase efficiency with the same amount of expenditure.

If we are doing the latter rather than the former, then there should be a significant amount of money available to fund the wages of new players from the savings obtained through getting rid of Rooney, Funes-Mori and Robles etc.

If we are actually trying to reduce our expenditure on the playing squad, then we have no hope, and can expect our decline to continue further.

I’m not saying that no.

I’m saying our wage bill is insane and needs cutting down a lot. You really don’t seem to be grasping this.

Odd way or not. That’s life. And moaning about us not signing anyone isn’t helping anyone.

I will agree with you that on the outset we need better players. But surely you have to let the new management team take a look at them and see if they can do anything with what we have before spending a penny?

That’s just logical surely??
This type of person just needs to be ignored. Wet bedsheets all over the place, they don't use logic just pure an utter panic for no reason because we haven't signed 10 new players

Imagine how hard it is to sell any of these people.

Horrific mistakes of the past will be costing us now.
Didn't even mention the crock McCarthy (big wages, constantly injured, at least one year left on contract), Stekelenberg (wasn't even fancied as a backup goalkeeper last season) or Pennington (same as Galloway/Browning). Horrific, as you say. Literally half of our entire squad is not even Championship standard yet on a top Premier League player wage.

We are in deep trouble if we are just trying to reduce our outgoings, as opposed to wanting to increase efficiency with the same amount of expenditure.

If we are doing the latter rather than the former, then there should be a significant amount of money available to fund the wages of new players from the savings obtained through getting rid of Rooney, Funes-Mori and Robles etc.

If we are actually trying to reduce our expenditure on the playing squad, then we have no hope, and can expect our decline to continue further.

But we can’t just keep adding players to it. The squad is too big. Brands said it was too big. It’s still too big.

But it feels like people want us to have a squad of 78 players. Which is insane.

Didn't even mention the crock McCarthy (big wages, constantly injured, at least one year left on contract), Stekelenberg (wasn't even fancied as a backup goalkeeper last season) or Pennington (same as Galloway/Browning). Horrific, as you say. Literally half of our entire squad is not even Championship standard yet on a top Premier League player wage.

The hope has to be that the new management team can somehow make this lot look good.

Not impossible but I’m certainly not expecting miracles this season. This is going to take a long time to sort out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back