Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played 33 games last season with 9 coming off the bench, scoring 2 goals and 5 assists.

Mkhitaryan played 21games coming off the bench 5 times, scoring 2 goals and 6 assists.

Aubameyang played 13 games coming on once as a sub scoring 10 goals and 4 assists.

Hell, Walcott played 5 times in the Europa leauge for arsenal and got 3 goals and 2 assists.

Wilshere is a absolute myth of a player. This season was the first time he had scored for arsenal in something like 3 seasons. He was no where near arsenals best player at any point last season.

Iirc he had one good game near the end of the season and everyone was spaffing all over him.

Do it every week, Jacky boy.

I’m dead relaxed about it all and think we will end up stronger when the window closes.
The one slight niggle I have is why the players we need to get rid of are in Austria. Brands said he was having frank conversations with the people that didn’t have a future and yet the likes of Mirallas, Williams etc are training with the squad. Before brands and silva came in they must have had a fairly decent idea of who they wanted and didn’t want, surely those players would have been told to stay home and train at finch farm until they’ve found new clubs? What’s the point in them being there if they have no future?

We have a new manager and a new DOF. If they were to come straight into the club and jib players off without actually looking at them (yes even Mirallas and Williams) then I would sack them immediately as they would not be doing their job. With a possible exception or two nobody in the squad is inherently a bad player and they all have attributes that a manager may like or not. Silva may come in and think "That Besic is two footed, can tackle, can pass, has energy, I can do something with him." Conversely he may have a look at, I dunno, Baines lets say and think "That Baines is finished, his legs have gone and he cant defend, I can do better".

Until a manager spends a bit of time with a squad all kinds of things could happen so anyone assuming who is going or staying etc is just guessing based off past events under a totally different regime.

The problem is, im not totally convinced that the majority of those yoots are even of the required standard
Most certainly require more game time before being useful.

Baningime, Kenny, DCL, Dowell, Robinson (provided we get a LB) certainly require loans for me. Personally if we get a mobile CM, I’d happily let Davies go out too. Lookman is ready to compete as is Holgate.

May have missed a few off.

We have a new manager and a new DOF. If they were to come straight into the club and jib players off without actually looking at them (yes even Mirallas and Williams) then I would sack them immediately as they would not be doing their job. With a possible exception or two nobody in the squad is inherently a bad player and they all have attributes that a manager may like or not. Silva may come in and think "That Besic is two footed, can tackle, can pass, has energy, I can do something with him." Conversely he may have a look at, I dunno, Baines lets say and think "That Baines is finished, his legs have gone and he cant defend, I can do better".

Until a manager spends a bit of time with a squad all kinds of things could happen so anyone assuming who is going or staying etc is just guessing based off past events under a totally different regime.

Personally I would love to see us not sign anybody and finish 3rd with Davy Klaassen and Bolasie making the Ballon shortlist.

We sign Rooney for free a lot of people laughed said he's too slow and old and not good enough said it was a waste of wages

Was our top scorer....

Juventus sign 33 year old ronaldo for 105 mil - bargain

I really hate the world

The £100m that Real Madrid receive for Ronaldo will allow them to outbid, no, GAZUMP, RB Leipzig for Lookman I hope, £30m.

The £100m that Real Madrid receive for Ronaldo will allow them to outbid, no, GAZUMP, RB Leipzig for Lookman I hope, £30m.
I think they are aiming slightly higher than Lookman to be fair.
I heard a rumour that they are interested in a Brazilian lad that plays togger for some French crowd ,plus his teenage teamate.
Seemingly that French lot spent a couple of quid more than they should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back