Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB
Leighton Baines
Antonee Robinson
Brendan Galloway

CB
Michael Keane
Phil Jagielka
Ashley Williams
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Davy Klaassen
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlašić
Kevin Mirallas
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players : 33
Players culled so far : 6
Players purchased so far : 0

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/goats-squad-analysis-thread-2018-19.103634/page-12

We have sold :

Rooney
Mori
Garbutt
Henry Loan
Tarahahahahisiji
Robles

From players I consider "first team"
That list includes thirteen players out of the33 listed that came through the academy or were signed as 18/19 year olds and have progressed rapidly.

It creates a large and unusual problem at this level of football.
Putting out a team every week that can win while at the same time giving young lads experience.

We talk about a bloated squad but really it is because of the success of the academy more than going wild in the transfer market.
We bought badly in the summer of 2017 but in the January 2017 transfer window we had a huge clear out then as well.

He played 33 games last season with 9 coming off the bench, scoring 2 goals and 5 assists.

Mkhitaryan played 21games coming off the bench 5 times, scoring 2 goals and 6 assists.

Aubameyang played 13 games coming on once as a sub scoring 10 goals and 4 assists.

Hell, Walcott played 5 times in the Europa leauge for arsenal and got 3 goals and 2 assists.

Wilshere is a absolute myth of a player. This season was the first time he had scored for arsenal in something like 3 seasons. He was no where near arsenals best player at any point last season.

I don't get why you are quoting goalscoring records of 3 attacking players against a defensive midfielder, that's abit odd

not everyone rates wilshere to be fair, I rate him highly and think he's brilliant but to say he's a myth is strange

and he had a really really good spell at the latter end of the season where week in and out he was there best player

That list includes thirteen players out of the33 listed that came through the academy or were signed as 18/19 year olds and have progressed rapidly.

It creates a large and unusual problem at this level of football.
Putting out a team every week that can win while at the same time giving young lads experience.

We talk about a bloated squad but really it is because of the success of the academy more than going wild in the transfer market.
We bought badly in the summer of 2017 but in the January 2017 transfer window we had a huge clear out then as well.

The problem is, im not totally convinced that the majority of those yoots are even of the required standard

newsnow sites are so sneaky with their clickbait these days 'rapid everton attacker agrees terms' some bloke from everton u18s! lol

I’m dead relaxed about it all and think we will end up stronger when the window closes.
The one slight niggle I have is why the players we need to get rid of are in Austria. Brands said he was having frank conversations with the people that didn’t have a future and yet the likes of Mirallas, Williams etc are training with the squad. Before brands and silva came in they must have had a fairly decent idea of who they wanted and didn’t want, surely those players would have been told to stay home and train at finch farm until they’ve found new clubs? What’s the point in them being there if they have no future?
To ensure they are fit and ready to move to a team, would be my guess.

Additionally they may just be gwrrring assessed and we are reviewing them prior to making the decisions. All guess work, I’m sorry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back