Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, feels like we are trying to sort the club out as a priority - rather than trying to buy a league place or two.

That’s the way I look at it, it does take money to finish higher. Spending well obviously, we are in a bit of a conundrum right now as money has been spent irresponsibly and the impact is the first eleven isn’t as good as it can be.

The wages being re-aligned will be better, but it’s going to take a while to address. The natural waste will see players drop off the wage budget, but it’s evidently proving difficult to shift high earners will little to offer out of the club, it’s going to take time.

Whilst that’s going on, the focus should be simply getting the most out of what we have and adding quality little by little, where opportunity allows.

I can understand fans demanding more, we have embarked on an adventure to achieve more- We just need to patient.

I’ve said a few times, if we don’t add - Im fine with that. We are a Work in progress as we rebuild. Not suggesting for one moment the season is a write-off, Silva will be implementing his style this season for which I feel some player will surprise us and rise to the challenge benefiting from his hands on approach.

Every long journey starts with a small step and all that jazz.

We need a base to start from rather than try to buy success. We tried to buy success last season and look where it got us.

We aren't going to completely rebuild the squad overnight so just put the foundations in place for essentially a long term plan. We have enough senior players already so bring young players in with the scope to bring more in over the coming years, with the advantage that the young players now will be senior players in 3 years.

I called this month's ago and we have just hired a dof to do just that. Yes it will take longer to get to where we aim to be and yes the plan short term will be to sell these players for big amounts a year or two down the line. But surely if we can't buy the league like a city or United can, our next aim should be a place where all these boss young players want to come and play? Over time improve the quality and potential of the 11 on the pitch so if we did sell one for a huge amount we have several others still here.

And the potential is massive, if we improve on the pitch then the success we want will come. All the rumours and talk about young players in this thread alone, imagine if in 3 years we had a team of 8 of them with 3 years experience behind them with more to come? Especially considering that some of our senior players could well be in and around the team still by then so we just back up and eventually replace rather than buying and selling with the hope the team clicks.

Like I said months ago, we should have a strict 24 and under policy for transfers going forward. We have well enough experienced heads at the club to allow young players to come in and the potential is that 1 or 2 if scouted well, could be the difference over a season in the future that gets us into that top 4 and create a similar environment like spurs.

It is a farce that England being knocked out of the World Cup by Croatia is seen as some sort of success. England were favourites for that match, you know?

A Country of 4m, with a poorer infrastructure for sport is knocking out England. A nation who lays claim to be the ‘home of football’, has 18x the population and invests millions each year into sports’ infrastructure. Not to mention that all of the England players are playing in the so called ‘best league in the World’.

Plenty in the pub and in work have been in full agreement. But you know better.

Of course England were favourites. Larger betting population in a relatively even game.

Anyone not English could see it was a game of set pieces & physicality vs technical superiority.

Whether people like it or not we've hit the reset button AGAIN because the previous regime have left us in such a mess that it's gonna take another season of whatever Silva can deliver us before things start falling into place. We've had to keep trying to start anew because we've changed managers too many times, At least with a proper DoF in charge we can get some stability and continuity.

Whether people like it or not we've hit the reset button AGAIN because the previous regime have left us in such a mess that it's gonna take another season of whatever Silva can deliver us before things start falling into place. We've had to keep trying to start anew because we've changed managers too many times, At least with a proper DoF in charge we can get some stability and continuity.
First: a manager + DoF combo adds to instability at a club.
Second: this particular manager was chosen not by the DoF but the owner a long time ago...a scenario pregnant with possible tensions.

First: a manager + DoF combo adds to instability at a club.
Second: this particular manager was chosen not by the DoF but the owner a long time ago...a scenario pregnant with possible tensions.
>First: a manager + DoF combo adds to instability at a club.
Don't agree with that sorry, A long term DoF will help us sort everything even if say Silva got sacked or wanted to leave.

>Second: this particular manager was chosen not by the DoF but the owner a long time ago...a scenario pregnant with possible tensions.
He would have took this job knowing Silva would be the manager..He could have stayed at PSV if he didn't like Silva being brought in as manager without his say so.

Of course England were favourites. Larger betting population in a relatively even game.

Anyone not English could see it was a game of set pieces & physicality vs technical superiority.
It was an extremely disappointing defeat and should not be treated as some sort of success.

Croatia were taken to extra time in their two previous games.

Our big players simply didn’t turn up. Probably thinking they can walk any game because of the unnecessary hype they were given.

Don’t get me wrong, if they got to the final they would be easily beaten by France and I could accept that, but Croatia is unacceptable, IMO.

>First: a manager + DoF combo adds to instability at a club.
Don't agree with that sorry, A long term DoF will help us sort everything even if say Silva got sacked or wanted to leave.

>Second: this particular manager was chosen not by the DoF but the owner a long time ago...a scenario pregnant with possible tensions.
He would have took this job knowing Silva would be the manager..He could have stayed at PSV if he didn't like Silva being brought in as manager without his say so.
There'll be a lot of churn again on managers. I think that's the MO of this owner: crises are "solved" by firing the manager. Brands has that job and the hiring of the next one. His principal task here.

Just look at where we are now as a club: not a pot to piss in and worse off than in the last two summers under Kenwright.

We have been chronically mismanaged and governed since Moshiri arrived. Chickens are now coming him to roost.

There'll be a lot of churn again on managers. I think that's the MO of this owner: crises are "solved" by firing the manager. Brands has that job and the hiring of the next one. His principal task here.

Just look at where we are now as a club: not a pot to piss in and worse off than in the last two summers under Kenwright.

We have been chronically mismanaged and governed since Moshiri arrived. Chickens are now coming him to roost.

Patience

I find it hard to blame Moshiri, Money has been pumped into the club for transfers and we've been let down by Walsh and Koeman which has pretty much messed us up, I said it before I don't think Koeman and Walsh were bad appointments at the time but they have wet the bed and produced poor results which will look bad on Moshiri. Every manager he has fired has been justified imo.

It was an extremely disappointing defeat and should not be treated as some sort of success.

Croatia were taken to extra time in their two previous games.

Our big players simply didn’t turn up. Probably thinking they can walk any game because of the unnecessary hype they were given.

Don’t get me wrong, if they got to the final they would be easily beaten by France and I could accept that, but Croatia is unacceptable, IMO.
Croatia is better than England in every department...who u calling big players - Alli, Lingard, Rashford, Sterling or maybe....henderson..brrrr? Only two players were half decent - Pickford and Kane...
Under any other circumstances the max result for this team would be top 16...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back