Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
....if we’re talking about the Brazilian LB, i’ve only seen clips but he looks rapid. Not much seems to happen when he has possession but he’s quick. For some reason he reminds me of Terry Phelan.

No idea who Terry Phelan is my man however Dalbert looked great in a back 5 at Nice, horrid in a back 4 at Inter. I can’t say I’d be pleased if it was true.

Now this would be lovely. He was a complete BEAST at Nice. Not sure why Milan wasn't playing him as much, but he's a super talented player for sure.

He’s a specimen, looks raw. I suspect we could get more out of him with plays drilled into him as he gets a bit flustered when he gets one on one with the fullback. Needed a pull back option and a fella in the box as basic options.

He would be someone who could be developed into a better team player though.

The way he easily drags the play up the field would be a welcome addition.

Ultimately I don’t mind when we get the signings, as long as we get four but I’ll start to feel a bit anxious if we haven’t started business in the next 10 days or so.

If we get four good signings a minute before the window closes then it’s fine by me but it would be great if we could have three in by July 31st. If not there will be a strong sense of pessimism and panic and we need to go into the season with some momentum and confidence.

I don’t blame them at all for waiting to meet and assess players in training and taking time to assess the options for potential signings.

You would think now that all of that work is more or less complete and we are ready to both proceed to loan/sell more players and start making concrete offers for others. Brands needs to show us what is he capable of now.

If I'm putting on my 'rational' hat, Brands spending his time making sure we fill CB with the perfect long-term signing rather than splurging on other areas we aren't short in is the correct way to go about business.
Every signing we make needs to be scrutinised, we haven’t got an endless pot of money and we need value. Shame Walsh & Koeman couldn’t grasp this.

No idea who Terry Phelan is my man however Dalbert looked great in a back 5 at Nice, horrid in a back 4 at Inter. I can’t say I’d be pleased if it was true.

B7F05714-BAF3-468B-A5F6-4EAA32432679.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back