Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sport - Spanish paper which loves Barca - reporting that Mina is definitely off and Barca want 30m euros. West ham, Leicester and Everton all wanting to speak to Barca

Goal can also reveal that Everton have no fewer than six names on their shortlist for the left-back position, which was a problem for the club throughout last season.
Celtic’s Kieran Tierney was their top target, but the Scottish champions are keen to keep their home-grown prospect and have slapped a £25m ($32m) valuation on the 21-year-old in a bid to ward off potential suitors.
That has led Everton to weigh up alternatives, with Lazio’s Belgian international Jordan Lukaku, Hertha Berlin’s Marvin Plattenhardt and Inter Milan’s Dalbert Henrique all under consideration.

So too is another Barcelona defender, Lucas Digne, and Rennes’ Ramy Bensebaini. Brands has held talks with numerous clubs and agents as he looks to solve a problem position.

I cant believe that Goal are trying to muscle in on the ITK business, with this fella as their source.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal

Liverpool FC correspondent for http://goal.com - formerly of the Liverpool ECHO.

Why?

Honestly, serious question, why do we care if our new signings play in Pre-Season? It doesnt matter, we are signing players that we hope will serve the club for 3+ years at the very least, not 5 or 6 games in preseason.

Sure I get the "We need them to integrate into the squad", but its a total myth, most players wont fully integrate for 6 months, basically, at THIS point, its really not about getting them in early, its just about getting them in.

It just makes sense to get some playing time before the season starts, especially seen as we seem to be overhauling half of our defence. They might not integrate fully but I'd rather our defenders in particular have some kind of experience together before the Wolves game.

It just makes sense to get some playing time before the season starts, especially seen as we seem to be overhauling half of our defence. They might not integrate fully but I'd rather our defenders in particular have some kind of experience together before the Wolves game.

Well our GK is unlikely to return till early August, so there will be no easy integration.

If I'm putting on my 'rational' hat, Brands spending his time making sure we fill CB with the perfect long-term signing rather than splurging on other areas we aren't short in is the correct way to go about business.
yeah it would great to think brands could come in and sort out this mess in one window, the reality is its a long hard task and a thorough evaluation of the squad is prudent, who knows how some of the lads will do now that succession of fat beauts aren't in charge

Exactly, it doesnt matter if they are early or late, it only matters that they are the right 1s.

Of course, that doesn't change that some kind of playing time together / training sessions is beneficial to starting the season well. They can be both the right ones and bought early imo, obviously if they havnt been identified yet it is better to wait than rush.

Kenny was thrown in at the deep end and didn`t let anyone down.

Do you think Martina would`ve done I better job, in his natural position at right back ?.

Somehow I don`t.
Not saying kenny let anyone down and I’m all for giving him a couple of years to develop but I think we all saw the difference when Seamus came back. Correct me if I’m wrong. Do I think coco would have done better in his natural position than he did at left back? Yeah.

That determines how good a player is? He didn't even get regular football at either of those clubs and ended up at stoke ffs. Would take gylfi over him without even a second thought
And so would everyone else on the planet. Just stop with this nonsense.

Even as his biggest critic, I'd rather have the Invisible Man over Enter Shaqiri

Their last 3 Premier League seasons.

18 Hobbit 3049 8 7
17 Hobbit 1709 4 2
16 Hobbit 2039 3 6

6797 mins 15 goals 15 assists
1 goal/assist every 453 minute

18 Iceland 2262 4 3
17 Iceland 3329 9 13
16 Iceland 2917 11 3

8508 mins 24 goals 19 assists
1 goal every 354 minute/ 1 assist every 447 minute

Its up to you whether 1 is worth 45m and 1 is worth 16m.

/runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back