Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
we finished 8th last season mate hardly mid table - if we show some ambition (looking unlikely at this stage) and made 3-4 good signings to compliment Pickford, Coleman, Gana, Walcott, Siggurdsson and Tosun we will have a decent season imo. My concern is we are not making any concrete moves other than registering interest when the clock is ticking.

8th is hardly mid table?? What is 9th? 12th?

Need to start making moves now, surely we want new signings to get a few preseason games in..

Why?

Honestly, serious question, why do we care if our new signings play in Pre-Season? It doesnt matter, we are signing players that we hope will serve the club for 3+ years at the very least, not 5 or 6 games in preseason.

Sure I get the "We need them to integrate into the squad", but its a total myth, most players wont fully integrate for 6 months, basically, at THIS point, its really not about getting them in early, its just about getting them in.

we finished 8th last season mate hardly mid table - if we show some ambition (looking unlikely at this stage) and made 3-4 good signings to compliment Pickford, Coleman, Gana, Walcott, Siggurdsson and Tosun we will have a decent season imo. My concern is we are not making any concrete moves other than registering interest when the clock is ticking.

8th is mid table

Goal can also reveal that Everton have no fewer than six names on their shortlist for the left-back position, which was a problem for the club throughout last season.
Celtic’s Kieran Tierney was their top target, but the Scottish champions are keen to keep their home-grown prospect and have slapped a £25m ($32m) valuation on the 21-year-old in a bid to ward off potential suitors.
That has led Everton to weigh up alternatives, with Lazio’s Belgian international Jordan Lukaku, Hertha Berlin’s Marvin Plattenhardt and Inter Milan’s Dalbert Henrique all under consideration.

So too is another Barcelona defender, Lucas Digne, and Rennes’ Ramy Bensebaini. Brands has held talks with numerous clubs and agents as he looks to solve a problem position.

Why?

Honestly, serious question, why do we care if our new signings play in Pre-Season? It doesnt matter, we are signing players that we hope will serve the club for 3+ years at the very least, not 5 or 6 games in preseason.

Sure I get the "We need them to integrate into the squad", but its a total myth, most players wont fully integrate for 6 months, basically, at THIS point, its really not about getting them in early, its just about getting them in.
We got em in relatively early last season and that was a disaster. Our last day of the window signings tend to be better.

Off the top of my head... Fellaini & Lukaku,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back