Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Marega is quite similar to tosun. I’d hope we are actually scouting aboubakar instead. His style in my opinion would be a better fit. We have been linked to both Porto strikers now over the last 12 months.

We need another striker.

I have to admit tosun is growing on me.
Marega stinks. He’s big and fast in a straight line. That’s it. There’s a reason he doesn’t do anything in the CL when it matters. He’s big Vic. He’s worth nowhere near 35M. Aboubakar however is actually good.

Don’t believe a single word coming out of Portugal. They just make up all sort stuff of garbage.

Gana is also worth way more than even 30M.

Also got no problem with DCL as 3rd CF, but think loaning him out might be better. He needs to work on his finishing and consistency. Maybe a slightly slower pace will allow him to refine those skills. He’s got talent, through.

I also just think any rumor right now is crap as there is no way Mosh keeps Sam and even Walsh in any position to buy or sell anyone. No chance.

It isn't 'dreadful' though is it?

If in those 20 games worth he had scored 2 more goals from open play or been given a couple of rooneys missed penalties hed have close to 1 in 3. That would have been a very strong return for the teams he's been playing in...

Of course that hasn't happened but its fine margins and I see no reason why he shouldn't be 3rd choice forward next season...

Look at Tammy Abraham who was knocking them in last season and now cant hit a barn door for Swansea, or solanke who appears to be a total donkey...id swap neither for DCL.

The attacking midfield of Walcott, Sigurdsson and Bolasie is interesting. Bolasie needs punting and we have Lookman, Onyekuru and Vlasic who can take his place...logically we don't need to replace him as 1 of those 3 would be able to perform and all can rotate. However, across the 3 positions it may be 'sensible' to bring in another player for big money and use the kids as rotation.

The same goes for centre midfield with Davies/Baningime able to slot alongside Gana but a top player should be brought in to start.

Again, with DCL he's been thrown in the deep end this season and gained much needed experience. Hes improved a great deal.

If for the rest of the season, Kenny, Holgate(injured),Davies, Bainingime, Lookman (Red bull), Dowell (Forest), Onyekuru(injured), Vlasic and DCL all get some more minutes on the pitch they will have gained good experience of whats required in the mens game + this will stand them in good stead as squad players for next season.

You actually think that DCL would score pens? His shooting and composure are crap

There are strong rumours about the Turkish player Ozyakup, who’s on a free, Seems a number 10. Looks a good player. Will put pressure on sigurdsson. Was at AZ with Brands.

Doucoure has scored goals, so obviously is box to box. Would suit playing alongside gana more than Carvalho. But I’m not a big fan of gana so would like to see 2 new midfielders, doubt that will happen though.

Really depends on the new manager. They may want fullbacks to provide the width, in which case Ozyakup might be a good fit. Can really play all over, including wide, just isn’t a winger.

Doucoure would be a revelation and amazing alongside Gana. He was outstanding against us both games, but he’s almost always good and Watford’s best player IMO. Davies as his backup, our midfield would be instantly better.

I still struggle to see how Gana isn’t far and away our best player let alone midfielder. Any game we play without him against a decent side, we can’t get the ball back. Holding it against him that he’s not a number is not fair.

I also think one of Dowell, Bolaisse, Lookman, or Onyekuru will emerge, but again, that depends on tactics. Having a proper left back, and no, not impressed by a 27 year old for Boca, would make it a lot easier. Gaines is done, though.

I think we probably need to acknowledge it's going yo to...difficult to do business with certain clubs.

Swansea, Watford, Southampton, etc.

We would get absolutely rinsed doing business with those clubs

There are strong rumours about the Turkish player Ozyakup, who’s on a free, Seems a number 10. Looks a good player. Will put pressure on sigurdsson. Was at AZ with Brands.

Doucoure has scored goals, so obviously is box to box. Would suit playing alongside gana more than Carvalho. But I’m not a big fan of gana so would like to see 2 new midfielders, doubt that will happen though.

Yeah, who knows if this new Turkish linked player is any good? We'll have to ask all the besiktas fans in the tosun thread lol

Yeah...need to practically change the whole team, Gana is a great player defensively but then...nothing happens. I think Doucoure or similar with Gana alongside would work well for a season then I think we'd not have many new players to bring in if we were sensible this window

2 of the four weren’t even going in if they weren’t deflected. The other two were point blank range headers.

In short. No.

what a very odd post.

But it is. So you are saying if next season our leading striker, in the equivalent of 35 full games(we will give him 270 minutes off the whole season), had 7 goals, we would consider that okay? If it would be dreadful for the starter, its not any better for the backup.

You are also saying "If he had scored more goals, he would have had a better rate". Well, yes, so would everyone. But he didnt. And so he doesnt. Lets face it, even you dont think his scoring record is good enough to stand on its own, thats why your very first argument was that IF he had scored more goals, and scored some penalties, he would have a better record. If his scoring record was good enough to stand on its own, you would let it do that, but you didnt, because it isnt.

Nope...3rd choice forward.

Nope...just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Anyone can see DCL is a good player with huge potential...I couldn't at first but he's really improved. All he lacks is goals.

Marega stinks. He’s big and fast in a straight line. That’s it. There’s a reason he doesn’t do anything in the CL when it matters. He’s big Vic. He’s worth nowhere near 35M. Aboubakar however is actually good.

Don’t believe a single word coming out of Portugal. They just make up all sort stuff of garbage.

Gana is also worth way more than even 30M.

Also got no problem with DCL as 3rd CF, but think loaning him out might be better. He needs to work on his finishing and consistency. Maybe a slightly slower pace will allow him to refine those skills. He’s got talent, through.

I also just think any rumor right now is crap as there is no way Mosh keeps Sam and even Walsh in any position to buy or sell anyone. No chance.

Agree with all that.

You actually think that DCL would score pens? His shooting and composure are crap

Check his last goal for England u21s...Brazilian Ronaldo-esque.

Really depends on the new manager. They may want fullbacks to provide the width, in which case Ozyakup might be a good fit. Can really play all over, including wide, just isn’t a winger.

Doucoure would be a revelation and amazing alongside Gana. He was outstanding against us both games, but he’s almost always good and Watford’s best player IMO. Davies as his backup, our midfield would be instantly better.

I still struggle to see how Gana isn’t far and away our best player let alone midfielder. Any game we play without him against a decent side, we can’t get the ball back. Holding it against him that he’s not a number is not fair.

I also think one of Dowell, Bolaisse, Lookman, or Onyekuru will emerge, but again, that depends on tactics. Having a proper left back, and no, not impressed by a 27 year old for Boca, would make it a lot easier. Gaines is done, though.

Gana is excellent against the better sides as he harries them, similar to Parkinson and Horne under Royle in a way. The snag is that he's limited in possession + cant sit as a defensive midfielder.

We need to be able to have a team good enough to push for 6th but realistically hit 7th whilst giving lots of game time to the u21 players we have in the squad.

Id really just like to see a huge amount of players sold on + a handful signed (no Europe) and then we have a good team and emerging squad players...the season after next we will then know who is 'good enough' from the u21s to push for top 4 and who needs loans/selling and what positions we need to strengthen.

I think if we can have a 2 season plan then its better than too many signings and having such a huge squad

Yeah, who knows if this new Turkish linked player is any good? We'll have to ask all the besiktas fans in the tosun thread lol

Yeah...need to practically change the whole team, Gana is a great player defensively but then...nothing happens. I think Doucoure or similar with Gana alongside would work well for a season then I think we'd not have many new players to bring in if we were sensible this window

what a very odd post.

Anyone can see DCL is a good player with huge potential...I couldn't at first but he's really improved. All he lacks is goals.

Agree with all that.

Gana is excellent against the better sides as he harries them, similar to Parkinson and Horne under Royle in a way. The snag is that he's limited in possession + cant sit as a defensive midfielder.

We need to be able to have a team good enough to push for 6th but realistically hit 7th whilst giving lots of game time to the u21 players we have in the squad.

Id really just like to see a huge amount of players sold on + a handful signed (no Europe) and then we have a good team and emerging squad players...the season after next we will then know who is 'good enough' from the u21s to push for top 4 and who needs loans/selling and what positions we need to strengthen.

I think if we can have a 2 season plan then its better than too many signings and having such a huge squad
Parkinson was a class above Gana, he could actually find a team mate when passing the ball.

Angelino, Spanish left back, on the books of Man City but playing in Holland.

PSV desperate to sign him, expect us to try and get him if Brands comes in.

Very similar to Baines in stature and playing style.

Tbh we shouldn't be dismissing any incomings,
A quality dof setup will always be in the lookout for frees and bargains as even if they don't impact the first team setup they can be sold on for a profit, see Chelsea etc

what a very odd post.

Agree with all that.

Having my post called ‘odd’ from someone who once started a thread calling for us to sign Harry Kane. Ok..

Johnny Evans, £3 million release clause. You would imagine that is a no brainier as a Jags/Williams replacement.

Yeah he would be my no1 target for that price at CB although I think he'll end up at Arsenal.

CB Evans
LB Shaw
CM Nzonzi
LM Bernard
Manager: Fonesca

Would be my 4 summer targets who would all improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back