Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the u23s maybe, yeah. He would be nowhere near the squad of even Leicester or Burnley, never mind any of the top sides of the division. He's kack! May be good in the future, but oh so far away from being good enough now.

And yet he's got a very respectable scoring and assist record (when played at centre forward) after being thrown in the deep end this season with no service and in a team devoid of any confidence.

IN
Left back - Fabra (Boca) 27
Centre back - Diop (Lille) 21
Centre midfield - Doucoure (Watford) 25
Attacking midfield - Richarlison (Watford) 20
Centre Forward - Belotti (Torino) 24

Not much idea on Fabra but the other 4 would give us a lot of power.

Fabra looks fairly muscular, there's not much footage of him about tbh but he looks to have that typical South American build of a short but really stocky player who'll have great running power.

A 27 year old South American still playing in the Argentinian league doesn't strike me as the profile we'd be going for this summer though so his transfer does surprise me if it does happen.

If the players are of suitable quality and aren't absolutely crap (like they were last summer) then I don't see it being a problem at all.
Exactly right. City have signed 6 players since the end of last season, and Zinchenko effectively makes it 7 after being loaned out immediately after signing last year. They've done alright though, because the players are good. There's absolutely no reason why bringing in a number of new players has to be a problem, in our case it had nothing to do with the number of players brought in, and everything to do with the quality of them.

IN

Those are the key areas we need strengthening. How much do you reackon that lot would cost? Again we would need a better manager first.

Exactly right. City have signed 6 players since the end of last season, and Zinchenko effectively makes it 7 after being loaned out immediately after signing last year. They've done alright though, because the players are good. There's absolutely no reason why bringing in a number of new players has to be a problem, in our case it had nothing to do with the number of players brought in, and everything to do with the quality of them.

Correct.Not only were they low quality for the price, they were not the main positions we needed to strengthen. We all thought the shopping list was clear, a striker, a LB and a CB. Unfortunately, those doing the shopping were clueless.

It was like sending your kids out with a load of cash to get a loaf of bread, some milk and a dozen eggs, only they come back with some overpriced cake, a gallon of goat's milk (that was on sale, as it is well past its use by date), and half a dozen broken eggs .

We have to do better this summer. Please?

IN

Bernard > Richarlison and Wilshere > Doucoure. Plus both are free agents.

And yet he's got a very respectable scoring and assist record (when played at centre forward) after being thrown in the deep end this season with no service and in a team devoid of any confidence.
Its not that he doesnt have potential, but 4 goals in 30 matches in the league is not a respectable scoring record. The assists are fine, but even teams about to be relegated would be really unhappy with only 5 goals in a full season from a forward

Its not that he doesnt have potential, but 4 goals in 30 matches in the league is not a respectable scoring record. The assists are fine, but even teams about to be relegated would be really unhappy with only 5 goals in a full season from a forward

1816 mins in the premier league in total
16 starts as forward
15 off the bench
2 starts at left wing
1 as attacking midfielder
1 as right sided defensive midfielder

4 goals and 6 assists. So in the equivalent of 20 games he's scored or assisted at a rate of 1 in 2.

Fabra looks fairly muscular, there's not much footage of him about tbh but he looks to have that typical South American build of a short but really stocky player who'll have great running power.

A 27 year old South American still playing in the Argentinian league doesn't strike me as the profile we'd be going for this summer though so his transfer does surprise me if it does happen.

Well Brands has bought in south America, Fonseca is Portuguese and likely knows the market and of course we signed Mori from River...

Diop plays for Toulouse.

Yeah, my mistake...not sure why I wrote lille...

Those are the key areas we need strengthening. How much do you reackon that lot would cost? Again we would need a better manager first.

Fabra they say is 5mil
Diop maybe 20mil
Doucoure/Richarlison and Belotti in the region of 40mil each id guess?

I'd also go for Woodman from Newcastle...

The thing is, if we can offload a lot of players then its achievable.

1816 mins in the premier league in total
16 starts as forward
15 off the bench
2 starts at left wing
1 as attacking midfielder
1 as right sided defensive midfielder

4 goals and 6 assists. So in the equivalent of 20 games he's scored or assisted at a rate of 1 in 2.
Yes, he has an assist record, but his scoring record is dreadful, 1 in 5. Niasse is 1 in 1.4, Tosun is like 1 in 1.2. Your lone striker shouldnt be heavy in assists and poor in goals scored, if so, you're doing it wrong.

Well Brands has bought in south America, Fonseca is Portuguese and likely knows the market and of course we signed Mori from River...

Yeah, my mistake...not sure why I wrote lille...

Fabra they say is 5mil
Diop maybe 20mil
Doucoure/Richarlison and Belotti in the region of 40mil each id guess?

I'd also go for Woodman from Newcastle...

The thing is, if we can offload a lot of players then its achievable.
Wasn’t impressed with Doucoure when we played them, didn’t really stand out. Would rather go for Carvalho, I know he’s a bit more defensive but he looks a quality player when I’ve seen him. Apparently had good game for sporting v Atletico last night.

And Richarlison would cost a fortune, looks a talent but huge gamble for someone who’s only scored about 5 goals. Also where do you play him?.

Has Bernard definitely agreed to join Inter. As if fonseca has been approached, surely he would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back