Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
4968E53C00000578-5414165-image-a-16_1519147581637.jpg
He'd go for a profit, that's right. One exception to the rule. But a massive profit? No chance. We might get 15m for him. It's no 8m Coutinho sold for 150m, is it?

I read on the BBC rumour thing that Man U are going to let Mata go in the summer, id rather we went for him as a creative type tbh although i would'nt complain at Wilshire, he is far better than any of the midfielders we have at the moment.
Mata can only play as a number 10 and we have a 45mil pound one of those. He to slow and lightweight to play wide. Would be a big waste of money

You are crazy. 15M, please.
He can't even pass the football, mate. He's got good stamina and can get a foot in most of the time. Probably would look better alongside better players mind you. Happy for him to stay of course, just don't seem many clubs coming chasing him.

He can't even pass the football, mate. He's got good stamina and can get a foot in most of the time. Probably would look better alongside better players mind you. Happy for him to stay of course, just don't seem many clubs coming chasing him.
I’m not a big fan of gana, but still think he would go for more than 15. I think sam clucas cost Swansea more than that

Mata can only play as a number 10 and we have a 45mil pound one of those. He to slow and lightweight to play wide. Would be a big waste of money
Yeah but the 45m guy you mention is utter garbage imo, i don't rate Siggy whatsoever tbh, even his set pieces are not that great, id much rather have someone like Mata behind the front man. In all honesty i have a feeling we will look to go down the free transfer route in the summer anyway.

Pickford

Coleman
Keane
?
?

Gana
?

?
Siggurdsson
Walcott

Tosun

Providing Tosun keeps scoring I think he deserves next season as our no1 forward (doubt we can afford to spend massive amounts on too many incomings anyway meaning up front isnt essential at present).

We desperately have 4 areas lacking in genuine quality- I think if those 4 areas could be strengthened with good signings along with a new manager in the door playing good football I think we would be quite a strong side.

Yeah but the 45m guy you mention is utter garbage imo, i don't rate Siggy whatsoever tbh, even his set pieces are not that great, id much rather have someone like Mata behind the front man. In all honesty i have a feeling we will look to go down the free transfer route in the summer anyway.
I wouldn’t have minded mata 2 yrs ago when we were linked. But it’s pointless now, he’s 30 in a couple of weeks.

Sigurdsson is far from garbage, not worth 45 mil. But his stats have been pretty good playing for a poor Swansea team. This year he hasn’t been helped by playing under 3 different managers. And 2 of them being very negative. Also playing out wide for most of the season Hasn’t helped. I think he started to look better with Tosun and playing in his favoured role.

Pickford

Coleman
Keane
?
?

Gana
?

?
Siggurdsson
Walcott

Tosun

Providing Tosun keeps scoring I think he deserves next season as our no1 forward (doubt we can afford to spend massive amounts on too many incomings anyway meaning up front isnt essential at present).

We desperately have 4 areas lacking in genuine quality- I think if those 4 areas could be strengthened with good signings along with a new manager in the door playing good football I think we would be quite a strong side.
Keane??? No thanks

Keane??? No thanks

Hard to judge for me, many forget he started his Everton career relatively well then following that horrible run of games under Koeman he's been poor ever since. You have to ask though is it fair to judge when he's not been given a good run of games in a settled back 4 with a decent holding midfielder sheilding in front ala Barry.

Im prepared to give him next season and who knows under a half decent manager and new quicker and stronger CB partner he may turn it around.

It's all shaping up for a boss summer transfer window imo.

Sell:
Sigurdsson (30m)
Gueye (30m)
Niasse (15m)
Schneiderlin (12m)
Klaassen (10m)
Funes Mori (7m)
Sandro (7m)
Besic (5m)
Williams (2m)
Mirrallas (2m)
Total: 120 million

Sign:
Nzonzi (40m)
Mata (35m)
Smalling (18m)
Evans (3m)
Wilshere (free)
Ozyakup (free)
Fellaini (free)
Asamoah (free)
Total: 96 million.

Maybe spend some money on a new striker as well, or keep Niasse as back up.

Hard to judge for me, many forget he started his Everton career relatively well then following that horrible run of games under Koeman he's been poor ever since. You have to ask though is it fair to judge when he's not been given a good run of games in a settled back 4 with a decent holding midfielder sheilding in front ala Barry.

Im prepared to give him next season and who knows under a half decent manager and new quicker and stronger CB partner he may turn it around.
Probably because he didn't. Unless you're counting the start to the season as about 2 games, 1 of which was against a bunch of part timers. He was absolutely abysmal in the Spurs game for example, which was our fourth league game of the season, and had cost us the first goal in the game at Chelsea the week before when he just stood and watched Morata walk past him and head it into the back of the net. He's literally had about 3 good games all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back