Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez's worst signings Kone, Alcaraz, McGeady = 15m
Koeman worst signings Bolasie, Klaassen, Keane = 85m

I imagine if Martinez had been given the backing that Koeman was given he'd have been with us a lot longer.

McCarthy £13m Funes Mori £9.5m too. The money spent in 2013 probably worthed more than double in 2017.

If he's average then we may as well give up now.

A fit and healthy Jack is the most creative and inventive player England have had in years.
Bizarrely my brother is a Gooner so I've spend time at their sleepfest of a stadium and whilst I napped, Jack Wilshere actually woke me up with his nimble footwork and positive football.
Leon Osman had nimble footwork. He just wasn't very good.

Wilshere would not make us a better team. We need a creative midfielder who can also score goals. We hoped it would be klaasen but it looks like it hasn't worked out for him.

McCarthy £13m Funes Mori £9.5m too. The money spent in 2013 probably worthed more than double in 2017.
Decent signings in terms of price. Could sell both today, or in McCarthy's case when he's fit, and make a profit on them.

Same cannot be said about any of Koeman's signings at all.

Decent signings in terms of price. Could sell both today, or in McCarthy's case when he's fit, and make a profit on them.

McCarthy nah one good season 4 crap one. Super injury prone. And by the time he is fit his contract would expire. Robles will leave on free transfer too. Hopefully someone will pay up for Mori because his contract has 2 years left.

Walsh should also be blamed not solely on Koeman for their signings.

I would not trust El Fraudo for spending big and he would relegate Everton if he stayed on.

Wilshire would be an amazing signing. Direct replacement for that useless waste of space Rooney. Get another creative type in and we'll actually have a very good central midfield. Sigurdsson playing directly ahead of them too.

Wilshire would be an amazing signing. Direct replacement for that useless waste of space Rooney. Get another creative type in and we'll actually have a very good central midfield. Sigurdsson playing directly ahead of them too.
I read on the BBC rumour thing that Man U are going to let Mata go in the summer, id rather we went for him as a creative type tbh although i would'nt complain at Wilshire, he is far better than any of the midfielders we have at the moment.

I think signings like wilshere, Phil Jones and vardy are what allardyce would want.

That would be terrible if that happened.

I don’t think that would be terrible tbh.
There is no reason why Vardy would leave Leicester to join us though. And I think Wilshere will stay at Arsenal.

4968E53C00000578-5414165-image-a-16_1519147581637.jpg

I don’t think that would be terrible tbh.
There is no reason why Vardy would leave Leicester to join us though. And I think Wilshere will stay at Arsenal.
Signing Vardy wouldn't be terrible in its own right, but signing Vardy for £40m and paying him £150k a week (which is effectively what we're talking about) would possibly be the worst piece of business the club has ever done, and there's an awful lot of competition.

Similar with the others really, Jones isn't a terrible player, but nor is he the sort of player who is likely to push us any further forward than we are. He's an improvement on what we have, but then so are about 50% of centre halves in the world. Wilshere's performances at Bournemouth concerned me - is he someone who looks good when surrounded by Sanchez, Ozil, Aubameyang etc but will fade into averageness when tasked with actually pulling the strings himself? If we were paying £100k a week for the Bournemouth Wilshere it would just about sum up the absolute shambles we've become at recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back