Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldnt be surprised if some of the players we signed last summer find their form this season. Then if we have one or two who step up like Lookman or even dowell then we could be alright.

Would much rather silva and brands assess the situation properly rather than diving in heads first and making rash signings. Throwing good money after bad springs to mind, if indeed it was bad in the first place...

You don’t get that time in premiership football. We can’t afford to write off seasons, this club hasn’t won anything for coming up for 25 years.

You don’t get that time in premiership football. We can’t afford to write off seasons, this club hasn’t won anything for coming up for 25 years.

So what do we do... Invest in 5 new players every season? Nearly half our starting eleven. Good coaching and tactics can get you a hell of a long way. Some of the players we signed last summer had a good calibre and were signed on the back of having good seasons. If they are used in the right way, they could be very handy.

If we sign 4 or 5 new players that go straight into the starting xi this season and they also don't work out, do we just keep going round in circles?

So what do we do... Invest in 5 new players every season? Nearly half our starting eleven. Good coaching and tactics can get you a hell of a long way. Some of the players we signed last summer had a good calibre and were signed on the back of having good seasons. If they are used in the right way, they could be very handy.

If we sign 4 or 5 new players that go straight into the starting xi this season and they also don't work out, do we just keep going round in circles?

We 100% need more than 4/5 to challenge but I do agree that would be pointless but 4/5 quality players will give us a chance of doing something with this season.

It may stand in our favour with Barcelona if we were to submit bids for both Digne and Mina if other clubs were persuing them separately.

Might even be a potential saving on overall fees. And both players would at least know each other from day one, not that our lot wouldn’t be a nice bunch I’m sure.

Double deals don’t happen often though. Like everything else EFC it’s a case of hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back