Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
so no idea how i did not know this but just found out the transfer window closes on August 9th this year....bizarre no idea why maybe something to do with World Cup.

i know in the past i was joking about the no signings policy but i was like yeah we have plenty of time, the window closes end of August blah blah blah

now im like

giphy.gif

I think it's because teams were moaning last year about losing players once the season had started.

We don't have long but I think our targets have been chosen and Marco said tonight they will start arriving in the next few days.

“In a normal situation we have maybe already signed one or two players"

If the window didn't close early we might have signed players earlier? How does that work? Selling clubs thinking they can wait it out until the end-of-window scramble because it comes around sooner/is exclusive to Prem?

I think he means in the sense that if he wasn't taking over a new club in a WC year?

Like, as in a 'normal' season...

Should have clarified the window stays open past August 9 to sell players to clubs in other leagues, but I haven’t seen any English teams lining up to buy our trash.

You are clearly internet-ing wrong. You must read something into it that isn't there and begin to panic.

Well I may be reading something to it that isn't there, tbf. Hard to know without seeing the interview really, or the question/wording of the question.

But yeh, I'm confident if Marco's confident.

He will have wanted a better performance than we put in tonight, but it was our second pre-season game and the first that was remotely competitive. We've got two games against a quality side in Porto and an experienced - albeit relatively poor - Lille side now. Everyone who is fit and able will get a run out.

This quote settles the nerves a bit. Reconfirms the obvious that he needed to assess the squad.

Marco Silva on transfers: “We want a normal number in our squad and we are working on both sides. After the next weekend, I will start taking some decisions and we expect, in the next few days, the new players we need will start to arrive. I’m confident.” (Source: Liverpool Echo) https://t.co/WqCrhlk1zx

I agree we need a box to box player and creativity in the middle too. Gylfi can do it but we need more options in forward areas in my view. We've been saying we need four players in an ideal world we need six!

I love how new to Everton Marco is, has the fullest confidence that what he asks for will be delivered. Lol. I’m still waiting for kings dock FFS.
We need defenders like yesterday.
I’m still waiting for the Fortress Sports Fund and someone giving us no less than £50m for Rooney.

The disgraceful tit who said and promised all these things is still chairman. Shameful.

This quote settles the nerves a bit. Reconfirms the obvious that he needed to assess the squad.

Marco Silva on transfers: “We want a normal number in our squad and we are working on both sides. After the next weekend, I will start taking some decisions and we expect, in the next few days, the new players we need will start to arrive. I’m confident.” (Source: Liverpool Echo) https://t.co/WqCrhlk1zx

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back