Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
His not crap though is he mate

Hard to know - he's had one season of football at a decent level and prior to that he was understudy to the goofy looking Polish Arsenal flop that nobody can spell the name of.

To put into context, Heurelho Gomes was infinitely more qualified before he came to England, as was Julio Cesar. Both Brazilian 'keepers, both were total rubbish here.

..what he did wrong was appointing Koeman and Walsh. What he did right was letting them get on with football matters.

I have said this before, he has done all the correct things since being here. It was his choice of manager which he got wrong that’s all. He didn’t wait to sack bobby which was correct , he then went out and got a manager who’s stock was as high as we could realistically attract and got a DOF installed that also had a good rep for spotting players. He then backed them financially and didn’t interfere and then when the time was right he didn’t wait and sacked the manager and tried to get the one he wanted, he couldn’t land him so got a manager that has never been related to keep us in the league and then sacked him and got the manager and what I actually belive is a very well respected and connected DOF. All he needs to do now is back them like koeman and Walsh and not interfere (which I think will happen) he is also one of the best accountants in the world so managing the squad size and wage bill is a very frustrating, boring but necessary action. The stadium is up for debate but what isn’t is the fact that if bill was in charge we wouldn’t have a proposed site and we wouldn’t have spent 45m on a player and a case can be made that if bill was in charge Bobby would have stayed and if lukaku left we could potentially be in the championship or in the bottom 6 prem teams atm

Got no problems with Digne. Slight concern about his pace, love his off the ball movement, like that he’s strong and can play some D.

I think it’s been obvious how much Silva wants to spring his outside backs to start the offense. Baines even against Bury looked slow, indecisive. He’s cooked.

Wonder what's considered a realistic figure in terms of cash spent on incoming transfers (assuming we'll get some).

£20-£25m doesnt buy much at all and no way we are going to buy four players for £100m.

I thought at the outset if we were/are going to sign four players, it would be for fees ranging from £15-20m each on average and even that seems a big ask. Is there anyone at all from the deadwood that could generate a half-decent fee, it seems not.

If we spend £50m in the next fortnight or so it will be a lot. Put in context though that is a paltry sum. They should try to use the loan market again if necessary.

Got no problems with Digne. Slight concern about his pace, love his off the ball movement, like that he’s strong and can play some D.

I think it’s been obvious how much Silva wants to spring his outside backs to start the offense. Baines even against Bury looked slow, indecisive. He’s cooked.

maybe if we got a decent quarter back then we could push the offensive spring and maybe beat teams more in OT

Wonder what's considered a realistic figure in terms of cash spent on incoming transfers (assuming we'll get some).

£20-£25m doesnt buy much at all and no way we are going to buy four players for £100m.

I thought at the outset if we were/are going to sign four players, it would be for fees ranging from £15-20m each on average and even that seems a big ask. Is there anyone at all from the deadwood that could generate a half-decent fee, it seems not.

If we spend £50m in the next fortnight or so it will be a lot. Put in context though that is a paltry sum. They should try to use the loan market again if necessary.

I think if Mina comes in, we may be trying to look at a loan with a view to buy etc

They were drunk on spending - spending the club's once in a generation cash...generated by player sales, btw - and thought the Dutch divvy knew what he was doing with it all.

I remember being told loads of times here: "no dave, this are the going rate market prices....what are you moaning for that we're spending £30M on average for our new players, it's just what everyone is doing".

No they weren't. They were laughing at a club throwing away it's precious reserves of cash like a drunken sailor on shore leave. Now we have AUSTERITY EVERTON. As predicted.

Still, what do we know eh? We're just moaners.

I think @hktoffee has to remember some of his posts last summer when he said " Would Man City fans moans about resale value "

He got sucked in and thought we was the new Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back