Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think perhaps he was left on the bench because he would have been allowed to go if we got Malcom.

He was injured:

“Bolasie is something we need to be aware of with his situation, Theo Walcott's injury is nothing special.

"In the last session in Austria he hurt his ankle but it is nothing special and in a few days he will start with us again.

“The other one is Lookman but it is nothing special as well, it is pre-season, it's normal and small problems that happen to the players but we need to manage this situation because what is important is the first Premier League match and so now is not the moment to take risks with the players.”

And I desperately hope he proves me wrong ;)

I'm just not convinced on how transferable 8 years at PSV/Dutch Eredivisie is to the Premier League.

Still, very early days and he'll need time - but I still think missing out on Monchi for Walsh was the biggest regret since Moshiri rocked up.

I got pelters but thats exactly my worry - Brands coming to us is the exact same as a Mourinho/Pep/Ancelotti going from managing sides with an open chequebook to taking over a club like Swindon or Walsall. They may be world class managers but they are now working in a completely different financial situation and methods/style of work may not work out.

Pretty much like Martinez thinking he could play like Barca with bog standard players.

If I had to guess, sarri seems to be an "us vs them" type manager. Abramovic is probably hoping he'll be like mourinho. Chelsea were most successful when they had this mentality.

to be fair, mourinho was signed on the back of just winning the champions league with a team outside the big 5 league, was a young and highly highly rated manager

this guy is old and has won nothing

could prove me wrong like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back