Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never rated Zaha.

He averages about 4 goals a season and for a player who plays in an attacking role he doesn't really stand out for assists.

He's one of those typical English coached wingers who are coached relentlessly to just sprint in a straight line towards the byline and cross aimlessly and just be god awful in the final 3rd with a low scoring input,see Lennon Bolasie Townsend for future reference on the archetype english coached winger.

Plus he's already flopped at United,could he handle another big money move to a big club if he came to us.

Have you not read this forum? Everton are the ONLY club in Europe and indeed the history of the game, who operate on a sell to buy policy.
Comparisons with Roma aren't really relevant here, I don't think. They're making enormous profits on sought-after talent, whereas Everton are hoping that someone is going to come along and pay a premium for run of the mill journeymen.

I'm all for adopting a buy-low, sell-high model, but that won't be possible until the club starts bringing in new players with lots of potential. As things stand, it's only really Pickford who you could see bringing in a decent profit.

Last edited:
Agree with the Zaha shouts. Huge waste of money.

More generally, we don't seem to be an attractive draw for established players at the moment, understandably. We should be looking at players who see us as a step up.

How about us cogitating about punting the dead wood (ie Mirallas, Williams etc) and then actually doing it!!lol

Punt them to who for how much? Sometimes no matter how talented the sales person may be the product is so [Poor language removed] nobody wants it at any price. Mirallas & Williams have been seen to be dressing room poison. Everybody knows it. If Brands can shift either he will deserve a medal.

Whichever way you look at it this is garbage.

Brands has been here months and done nothing except shift a handful.

Season starts in a few weeks and we’re still full of deadwood and oaps.
How do you still not get it? Our squad is TOO big and we can't shift the gutter garbage because they are so gutter garbage and on high wages teams don't want them, How do people still not realize this.

Zaha is going to have to run his contract down another year if Palace are asking for £70m. Even Steve Walsh would baulk at that price.

I don't know really know what to expect between now and the window closing. I thought that a few obscure names would have been brought in for fairly small fees by now, considering Brands' record at PSV. Paying enormous fees for known quantities seems to defeat the object of the apparent business model.

Walsh would have given them 90m

...report from Turkey says everything is agreed regarding Fenerbahce’s loan deal for Bolasie except his family are settled in London and not keen on moving abroad.
best he jump on a plane and see his family in a few years then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back