Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbeck £15m won't be long now.
I fear this is 4 years to late.

He's regressed badly at Arsenal.

Doesn't help the fact part of that was the botch up of the Arsenal medical staff delaying his knee injury thinking it was long term rest needed and then bringing him back and his knee needing surgery,ruined the best part of 18 months of his career.

I fear this is 4 years to late.

He's regressed badly at Arsenal.

Doesn't help the fact part of that was the botch up of the Arsenal medical staff delaying his knee injury thinking it was long term rest needed and then bringing him back and his knee needing surgery,ruined the best part of 18 months of his career.
For £15m we need to snatch their hand off.

You do realize that you can still sign players whilst selling existing members of the squad?

This way you don’t end up missing out on players the manager wants and it also allows new players to bed in.

Not difficult to grasp.

How do you not understand that as our wage bill is far too high to be sustainable so we cannot buy players before we sell others unless we KNOW (100% certain) that we can offload the players we want to offload? It would be reckless financial mismanagement. The football need HAS to take the back seat. A harsh truth.

It is increasingly clear there is little or no market for some of our crap and frankly none of us should be surprised or critical that others do not want to take on the performance disasters and dressing room cancers that are Williams, Mirallas etc.

Nor should we be surprised or critical of Brands/Silva that massively overpaid players like Sandro, Klaassen, Bolasie will not move anywhere if it means a massive drop in earnings. For many modern footballers it is about the £ not the playing time.

The truth is Brands/Silva have inherited a mess that is going to take several windows to clean up and that we’re going to be severely restricted in the market for some time as a result. It is [Poor language removed]. I hate it myself but moaning/second guessing will not change it.

But basically, in my eyes, next week is the key.

You would think that us positive people are bang out of excuses after this weekend.

No World cup anymore
Silva has had 3 weeks to assess the squad

Now of course im not expecting us to suddenly punt everybody and buy everybody in a day, but you would hope that things will at least start moving with the next 7-10 days, otherwise I may start to show some concern myself.

If there aren't significant ins by next Sunday I think that's when I will start my concern. Get this weekend out the way and start punting the absolute horrors from the squad

You would think that us positive people are bang out of excuses after this weekend.

No World cup anymore

Now of course im not expecting us to suddenly punt everybody and buy everybody in a day, but you would hope that things will at least start moving with the next 7-10 days, otherwise I may start to show some concern myself.
I think we'll only see 2 or 3 in, a LB, CB and winger. Williams, Martina, Mirallas and Besic or McCarthy (as he's back training etc) out. Probably a lot of others out on loans like Bolasie, Klaassen and youth

No World cup anymore

Bellyaching just causes bellyache goat.

How do you not understand that as our wage bill is far too high to be sustainable so we cannot buy players before we sell others unless we KNOW (100% certain) that we can offload the players we want to offload? It would be reckless financial mismanagement. The football need HAS to take the back seat. A harsh truth.

It is increasingly clear there is little or no market for some of our crap and frankly none of us should be surprised or critical that others do not want to take on the performance disasters and dressing room cancers that are Williams, Mirallas etc.

Nor should we be surprised or critical of Brands/Silva that massively overpaid players like Sandro, Klaassen, Bolasie will not move anywhere if it means a massive drop in earnings. For many modern footballers it is about the £ not the playing time.

The truth is Brands/Silva have inherited a mess that is going to take several windows to clean up and that we’re going to be severely restricted in the market for some time as a result. It is [Poor language removed]. I hate it myself but moaning/second guessing will not change it.
when rooney left that would have eased the pressure to bring someone in without it having a massive detriment to the wage scenario

he was our highest earner

there is no reason why we could not have signed someone since rooney left

I must be one of the few who isn’t even arsed about transfers, we ain’t going down and we ain’t challenging the top 6 regardless of who we sign.

Feel this way myself really - this season is basically one of restructuring and then consolidation. Hopefully this time next year we'll be in a better position to make some positive moves in the market

I think we'll only see 2 or 3 in, a LB, CB and winger. Williams, Martina, Mirallas and Besic or McCarthy (as he's back training etc) out. Probably a lot of others out on loans like Bolasie, Klaassen and youth

Cant see many Ins, what im most surprised about is the fact that we havent even taken any yoot punts, but its a different world to the 1 in which we spunked 1m on the likes of Velios, Gueye and the like, in this market they would both prolly cost like 10m each.

Bellyaching just causes bellyache goat.

This is very true frandel, whilst we all want players in and we all have players we dont want, crying and wetting the bed wont bring the happiness we lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back