Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
when rooney left that would have eased the pressure to bring someone in without it having a massive detriment to the wage scenario

he was our highest earner

there is no reason why we could not have signed someone since rooney left

Bang on.

Too many people defending the club and thinking sun shines out of brands and co.

They’ve underachieved so far and the season is about to begin.

Most of our players won't be sold until the deadline here or maybe the deadline for foreign countries , no club in their right mind would take on some of the high wages unless it was a last resort.

We are just as crap at selling players as we are at buying them tho mate, liverpool are selling a reserve goalkeeper who no one has ever heard of for 10 mil and we have got naff all for Robles and want 20 mill for Lookman.

Ward is a very good goalkeeper. He was crucial in Huddersfield getting promoted. Was tied down to a deal and that's why he's cost that.

Robles went on a free because he/we ran down his deal.

Big difference.

I must be one of the few who isn’t even arsed about transfers, we ain’t going down and we ain’t challenging the top 6 regardless of who we sign.

We have a gigantic squad.

It is going to take 5 years to sort out the mess made of it in the last 5 years.

Giving bog average 28 year olds 5 year contracts on £100k a week is what did for Villa and Sunderland.

We need a manager who gets the most out of the players he has and brings in the kids. I'd rather have Tom Davies, for all his faults, in midfield than £24m Klaassen and honestly believe Dowell would have been as productive as £45m of Icelander.

Any signings we make will have to plug the obvious coming problem at left back, centre back and passing midfielders.

Bang on.

Too many people defending the club and thinking sun shines out of brands and co.

How have they underachieved?

Silva said on Wednesday he wanted time to assess the squad. He added that the time has now come where more players will be leaving.

We do not know what targets Brands and Silva have been set so stop pedalling nonsense.

If we haven't got the players in we need by the end of the window, we'll have failed.

Until then, wait before making ridiculously unfounded statements.

Thanks for the update, always better when you see it fully in writing.

IMO there will be a few going out on loan, such as Dowell, Pennington, Robinson, Connolly, Browning and Galloway which brings it down to 27.

I am sure deals are being done to try and offload Klaassen, Mirallas, Bolasie which brings it down to 24.

Lookman looks like off so 23.

Then we really need to get rid of Williams and Martina, they should not be anywhere near Everton's first team squad, so down to 21. Bring 4 good quality players in, job done!

It’s slowly happening. I think another 10 out on loan and sales before September. There’ll be the mad scramble for average players at the end of our window from championship clubs/possibly Fulham depending on their business and then there’s always Turkey for a cheeky loan deal to fall back on.

I must be one of the few who isn’t even arsed about transfers, we ain’t going down and we ain’t challenging the top 6 regardless of who we sign.
You're likely right, but I do think that there have been signs in the past two years that this squad is in something of a false position (7/8th). Even in Koeman's first season, there was a long win-less streak that would have looked much worse had it not come after a fairly easy opening run of fixtures. It was only really when Bolaise went out of the time and Davies came in as an unknown quantity that results picked up.

Having said that, jumping from lower mid-table to upper mid-table by hitting form when the season is winding down has been Everton's trick since the Moyes days. There are probably just enough decent/good players here to keep that going for a while longer at least.

Everton at the moment is basically the 'Whoops' section in the supermarket

Schneiderlin is a 79p Sea Bass
Klaassen is an off cut of Edam for 12p
Martina is a 'Just Ham' sandwich for 37p

We're trying to flog our defective goods at a knock down rate - it's just that nobody wants to buy them
Actually Klassen is a 'smart price pork pie'.

This is very true frandel, whilst we all want players in and we all have players we dont want, crying and wetting the bed wont bring the happiness we lack.
Aye, giving myself high blood pressure won't make Marcel sign the boy Lottin so I'll just bide and let Everton be Everton.

Bang on.

Genuinely, if you hate basically everything about the club and don’t believe in any of the new stuff they implement then why even bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back