Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

The issue is not so much the fee as it is we could have paid another club a mere extra 5 million onto a 25 million one to get a soon to be world class left back

..I imagine you’re point is about Digne rather Richarlison. More specifically, you’d rather pay the extra for Tierney than buy Digne?

It would never be a matter of Richarlison or Tierney.

Ok. I'm going for the positive spin here.

1. Everyone was buzzing at the prospect of signing a £35m 21 year old Brazilian winger who had no premier league experience.

2. Now we are potentially signing a £40-50m 21 year old Brazilian winger who has a full season under his belt at Premier level, during which at times he looked genuinely brilliant.

3. One could argue that the difference price is the "premiership premium". It's not cheap to buy from English clubs, but at least we get something for that which Malcom doesn't have - PL experience.

4. Whilst Richarlison faded badly in the second half of the season, we know that his scintillating form came under the coaching of our new manager, who very, very obviously rates the lad highly.

5. Richarlison is genuinely a left sided player, wheras Malcom looked better off the right from way I saw. Potentially we will have a front line of Rich-Cenk-Theo which has a lovely balance to it.

6. The squad is woefully short of left footed players. Glad we're addressing that. Potentially with Digne to follow.

7. This is potentially the first signing of a Brand(s) new régime. Let's not be those guys who moan all summer that werm haven't signed anyone and then moan as soon as we do get someone.

Good post mate, Richarlison and Digne would be 2 decent signings, get Mina in and I'll feel alot better about the club this coming season. Still think we need better quality and a box to box midfielder and quality centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back