Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered the fact that even if he have bid, in all likelihood, Watford will tell us to do one and then revel in our humiliation.

Anyway, I won`t believe it until we`re invaded by Watford fans again.
They’re professionals mate. There’s no way they would thrown away 50 milion pounds to some bad blood between the clubs.

We moan when we don't sign anybody for weeks then the minute we have someone almost across the line we moan about we paid to much for the player. If Marco Silva likes the player and the player wants to work with Silva that's about all you can ask.

I am just hoping that we are not spending Pickford money...very surprising that suddenly we going for big bids when we couldn’t agree with Celtic when it was a reasonable price

Got to be honest I’m staggered at the negativity here. Ok to have a wait and see opinion I guess, but I don’t get the absolute fume. This kid is 21 and tore it up in the u20 tournament for Brazil. Young player coming from Brazil in to a hectic fast paced league having played continuous football for 18 months, it’s totally understandable his form fell off a cliff.

There is absolutely no doubt though he showed at the start of the season that there is a hell of a talent there. Around Christmas there were links to United Chelsea etc for figures of around 80 million!

He’s had a good summers rest so let’s see what he produces in a blue shirt IF it gets done. 40 odd million may seem excessive right now, but the way these fees are escalating at the rate they are, that could look buttons in a couple of seasons.

People thought we were bonkers spending 25-30 million on Pickford last summer. Could double that if we sold him today.

Definitely didn’t think we’d be breaking our £45m transfer record for a while, I hold my hands up.

Digne, Mina (without buybacks) and Richarlison would be a tremendous transfer window, providing we keep Lookman.

Would like a striker, too, but can’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back