Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yannick Bolasie is attracting interest from a host of clubs as his Everton future continues to look uncertain.

Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Fenerbahce want to sign the 29-year-old winger with Fulham also lodging their interest.

Bolasie has not travelled with the Everton squad to Portugal today but has instead remained at Finch Farm as he recovers from a stomach bug.

The same illness has struck Cuco Martina who has not travelled either.

Ademola Lookman has remained on Merseyside as he nurses a minor thigh injury while Theo Walcott’s ankle problem has not healed sufficiently for Marco Silva to include him in the travelling party.

Bolasie, along with Walcott, has yet to feature in pre-season so far and though Everton are not actively looking to offload the £25m signing they are willing to listen to offers.

And Bolasie is not short of offers from the Premier League or abroad.

The expected arrival of Richarlison could also reduce Bolasie’s changes of regular first team football this season.
We could easily get 15m for Bolasie from some relegation fodder Premiership team.

Jesus fifty million for a Watford player who was rubbish for half a season. Well in Brands. Sounds easy this DOF lark. Just pay massively over the odds for players that may or may not be any good.
Wasn't the story that he downed tools because Silva promised him he'd take him with him when we made our first approach?

I remember him looking pretty good at the start of the season, so maybe some truth in it.

Either way, we're not in a position to be signing top players so taking a gamble on players is the best way to go.

You've literally not even given Tosun 6 months of football...

He just isnt suited for Silva's style mate from what I've seen of him. Its like arguing for Andy Carroll to play in a Klopp fluid front 3 or Salah playing under a Pulis big one up top centre forward.

I never wanted him in the first place and always said he is your 1 in 3 average forward who wouldn't look out of place leading the line for a Southampton or Crystal Palace.

We need someone to near guarantee us 15-20 goals a season.

Sell a few players even for massive losses and claw the money together to make a big push for a highly rated forward who would suit Silva's style/system.

The manager clearly wants him....regardless of costs. Bit like Koeman wanted Gylfi regardless..
I was well in for stopping the misery on here as I presumed the new management team had a plan.....seems nothing has been learned ?? Mind you......
if Everton manager was my job, the first thing I would want is a player that I know in the team... mind you...im not a manager..
not sure what to think of this...if true !!!. Bit dissapointed that our new team cant look further than the managers last club..then spending 30 million more just to grab em.
Thank god its beer oclock......

Wasn't the story that he downed tools because Silva promised him he'd take him with him when we made our first approach?

I remember him looking pretty good at the start of the season, so maybe some truth in it.

Either way, we're not in a position to be signing top players so taking a gamble on players is the best way to go.

Massive gamble though mate. And we're already stuck with good amount of gambles already.

But we are in a position to spend top player money on an unproven player it seems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back