Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH if there was any chance whatsoever that Rashford was available we should be all over that. Maybe he's the kind of guy who would want to stay in the North West. Wouldn't join City or Liverpool, leaving only us as potential suitors.

Drinkwater though, haha. The guy is appalling. Must have been a joke.

Is it just me that doesn’t see anything in Drinkwater whatsoever?
I think he's a quality passer - much better than any midfielder at Everton, or England for that matter - but I've become suspicious of players over 27/28 that are on the rebound from a failed big move. Twelve months of watching Morgan Schneiderlin will do that to a person.

I'm not completely against bringing in Premier League-based players, but I think that the club should be limiting themselves to no more than one or two per summer from now on.

When I look at the list you have there it really strikes home what a state we are in and what a huge rebuilding job a new manager has, I can think of other players that I would have on the list as well. Need someone who can rebuild a team and of the current crop mentioned I am not sure who has the skills.

The scarier thing is we have got rid of a lot of dross the last couple of years too, and we still have a lot to get rid of. Unfortunately we don’t have the money to replace, we have sold all our players of value and wasted it.

But he has 10 of them. Didn’t need to sign more when he got there. Sadly we have none.
The point is that not sure there's any evidence he likes to buy Brazilians or anything like that. Even when he was at Braga, I don't think he bought a number of Brazilian players that was disproportionate to the rest of the league.

He'll definitely need a couple more dynamic players though if he's coming. But again, D of F FIRST, coach SECOND.

The scarier thing is we have got rid of a lot of dross the last couple of years too, and we still have a lot to get rid of. Unfortunately we don’t have the money to replace, we have sold all our players of value and wasted it.
Yeah, not sure what that's based on. First of all, we could get plenty of money for guys we sell and/or move plenty of salary with minimal impact. Second of all, revenues aren't going to be down in the offseason, so why wouldn't we have a similar transfer kitty? If a new D of F is coming here and a new coach, I would think they'd demand a certain chunk of change to play around in the transfer market.

Heck, we gave BFS a big chunk of change just a couple months ago.

The point is that not sure there's any evidence he likes to buy Brazilians or anything like that. Even when he was at Braga, I don't think he bought a number of Brazilian players that was disproportionate to the rest of the league.

He'll definitely need a couple more dynamic players though if he's coming. But again, D of F FIRST, coach SECOND.
It was a joke Crim. Only real point is we don't have any players to play his preferred style as is.

I see Arsenal fans are queuing up to drive Wilshire to us after his useless performance last night. They say he is " finished". Should suit us then. Another has been to play in our midfield

Based on 1 quality goal i now want Ruben Neves, Getting a portugese manager might help

Hes a great player, had loads of potential was always going to be interesting how he adapted to moving abroad, even mores to a league like the championship - he had it easy in Portugal, I take my hat off to him for going there and testing himself.

I think there'll be a huge queue for him soon...

Hes a great player, had loads of potential was always going to be interesting how he adapted to moving abroad, even mores to a league like the championship - he had it easy in Portugal, I take my hat off to him for going there and testing himself.

I think there'll be a huge queue for him soon...

I am fairly interested with how wolves go about what they are doing

Are they using them as a shop window for Jorge Mendes, give them a taste of english football prove they are capible to then sell players on? Like Porto/Benfica did for so many years, or are they actually going to make a big go of doing something and making sure the players stay put?

They have the backing to not have to sell, but it all depends what they are being used for, i heard they were close to getting Adrien Silva from Milan in January too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back