Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone who's young, good and got an ounce of intelligence sign for us with the current management team?
To make Everton attractive after the debacle of the last 12 months will take a fabulous manager as well as a fabulous PR exercise by the club.

Plus even when the club actually had leverage over man u to get rashford or martial - when we were selling Lukaku- they still didnt think to take the opportunity to get one of them in return . Man U must have been laughing heir a@@es off when we were so happy to get rooney instead. Utterly shambolic management team.

I was looking at yet another "Everton and West Ham are showing interest in X,Y or Z" and getting fed up with us being linked with yet another West Ham target. That is until I reminded myself who the West Ham manager is, and of Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Landon Donovan et al.

Wish I had your optimism
It's easy. Look into my eyes - not around my eyes but into my eyes. You will become drowsy and will fall into a blissful slumber. I will count backwards from ten and when I get to zero you will awake and think it is still midway through the 2017 summer transfer window, Wayne Rooney never left the club and that Sam Alladyce now manages Wingate and Finchley.

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one...

Damn, there's someone at the door!

Under the current management team at Everton, I'd agree with you. But our PL record in terms of giving youth a chance is pretty darn good. I doubt the likes of Rodwell, Vaughan and Anichebe would have been PL regulars as teenagers at other top ten clubs. Or even latterly; the likes of Calvert-Lewin and Tom Davies. And as Ross Barkley is likely to find out, the grass sometimes is not always greener.

Our Under-23 team ain't bad either, so our coaches at youth level must be doing something right.

I absolutely agree, I think our youth team development has been brilliant, and has been for more than a decade.

But even there, there could be signs of trouble. Lookman wanting a loan, as he knew that he’d struggle to get in an Allardyce side. As others have mentioned, it's not like the main squad are pulling up trees either.

Brazilian journalist on twitter, saying Bernard is off the Beşiktaş.
Shame if true. And would that put a question mark against us getting Fonseca?

I know You can’t believe everything on twitter, as all the talk over the last few weeks was that Bernard was off to Inter.

We need a LB, CB, creative CM and if I'm being greedy a LW and ST. We have enough youngsters coming through to fill out the squad and bench without going crazy on transfers and if you have a look at a rough XI and squad below, with the right guidance, I truly feel we can start playing some sort of footy again.

The suggested signings are just my preference
--------------------Pickford---------------------
-Coleman----De Vrij-------Keane-----Fabra-
---------------------Gana-----------------------
-----------Wilshere------Sigurdsson-----------
--Walcott-----------Tosun----------Lookman---

Subs and backup:
Dowell
Davies
Baningime
DCL
Klaasen
Holgate
Baines
Kenny
Onyekeru
NEW LW - Rashford/Bernard/Neres/Zaha
NEW ST - Plea/Batshauyi/Giroud

We need a LB, CB, creative CM and if I'm being greedy a LW and ST. We have enough youngsters coming through to fill out the squad and bench without going crazy on transfers and if you have a look at a rough XI and squad below, with the right guidance, I truly feel we can start playing some sort of footy again.

The suggested signings are just my preference
--------------------Pickford---------------------
-Coleman----De Vrij-------Keane-----Fabra-
---------------------Gana-----------------------
-----------Wilshere------Sigurdsson-----------
--Walcott-----------Tosun----------Lookman---

Subs and backup:
Dowell
Davies
Baningime
DCL
Klaasen
Holgate
Baines
Kenny
Onyekeru
NEW LW - Rashford/Bernard/Neres/Zaha
NEW ST - Plea/Batshauyi/Giroud

Onyekuru will not be with us next season.

I was looking at yet another "Everton and West Ham are showing interest in X,Y or Z" and getting fed up with us being linked with yet another West Ham target. That is until I reminded myself who the West Ham manager is, and of Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Landon Donovan et al.

As if you've just included Landon Donovan in that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back