Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool had just finished 8th, won 1 trophy in 10 years and had CL football once in 5/6 years signed Firmino, Suarez, Mane etc , tottenham in a similar situation signed Eriksson, Vertonghen, Alderweirald

I think the guy is saying, we should be aiming for younger players with a high ceiling, a little bit like when we had Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley & Lukaku, no matter how it turned out eventually, that was the right route to go, promise them a move if we dont achieve there ambitions, but make sure they know they are here for a couple of years while we try

Aye but they were the same type of signings as hard as it may seem to look at it that way.
Most of them were star players at lesser sides or out of favour. Hoffenheim, ajax, Southampton, Toby a out of favour at athletico

Liverpool had just finished 8th, won 1 trophy in 10 years and had CL football once in 5/6 years signed Firmino, Suarez, Mane etc , tottenham in a similar situation signed Eriksson, Vertonghen, Alderweirald

I think the guy is saying, we should be aiming for younger players with a high ceiling, a little bit like when we had Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley & Lukaku, no matter how it turned out eventually, that was the right route to go, promise them a move if we dont achieve there ambitions, but make sure they know they are here for a couple of years while we try

Did we not try that with Keane, Klaassen and Sandro?

It’s just whether they work out or not.

I think the guy is saying, we should be aiming for younger players with a high ceiling...

I've been impressed with Jamaal Lascelles who has been playing in what is basically a championship team this season.
He will improve further and will be a mainstay in the PL for years to come.

Realistic targets
Jaime vardy and Mahrez from leicester. Can't see city coming back in for him and at this stage just wants to move. If vardy came would have a good chance of persuading mahrez

Fabien Delph
Gary Cahill likely to be replaced at chelsea
Ryan bertand
Marcus rashford, think morinio would loan him out as it's clear he isn't starting at united.

That's probably at the top end of who should come.

Realistic targets
Jaime vardy and Mahrez from leicester. Can't see city coming back in for him and at this stage just wants to move. If vardy came would have a good chance of persuading mahrez

Fabien Delph
Ryan bertand
Marcus rashford, think morinio would loan him out as it's clear he isn't starting at united.

Wish I had your optimism

Realistic targets

Fabien Delph
Ryan bertand

These are about some of the worst shouts I can imagine. Nice one.

Realistic targets

Fabien Delph
Ryan bertand

For differing reasons Rashford is the only one on that list i'd consider

Realistic targets

Fabien Delph
Ryan bertand

No chance with Mahrez. He'll be off to a top 6 PL club or a big club on the continent.
Cahill is 32 and clearly on a downward trajectory.

Bertrand and Delph both 28 so could give 3-4 good years and certainly worth considering.
Ake has been mentioned in the thread - he's only 23 so his best years are ahead of him.
Rashford on a loan worth a shout for sure - although doubt it being likely if it was a permanent transfer.

Aye but they were the same type of signings as hard as it may seem to look at it that way.
Most of them were star players at lesser sides or out of favour. Hoffenheim, ajax, Southampton, Toby a out of favour at athletico

Not in terms of age.

Walcott, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams, Martina, Tosun, Gueye, Rooney, all brought in 26 or over.

Hence why the original debate at not going for Smalling fits in

Did we not try that with Keane, Klaassen and Sandro?

It’s just whether they work out or not.

Yeah, you could say so, 2 out of them 3 were not given the opportunity though, and not selected over "established premier league players"

2 things.

1. we ain't getting Rashford in a million years.
2. how can fans turn their noses up at Chris Smalling when we have Williams, Jags and the clown Argentinian?

Fully agree.
We couldn’t sign players of Rashfords quality when we were all over the media as possibly breaking top 6, we were minted and starting a massive project.
In the media’s eyes we have called on Sam Allardyce to save us from Relegation, we have no chance of signing a player like Rashford.

While I am not Smallings biggest fan, I’d love to compare him to who we actually will be playing come September. I reckon he won’t be near Smallings quality.

I do think we are being unrealistic with our expectations for the coming season.
Any foreign players Will look at us and see how we took Sandro and Klaasen who had big reputations and pretty much left them shadows of themselves.

Who is currently the best passing snide in the Prem? The bald bloke who used to play for the RS.
Who should be playing in the Prem and despite turming us down once, would jump at the chance to play for Everton? Shaquiri from Bolton.
Bertrand when Southampton are relegated.
A centre back. A striker.

Who is currently the best passing snide in the Prem? The bald bloke who used to play for the RS.
Who should be playing in the Prem and despite turming us down once, would jump at the chance to play for Everton? Shaquiri from Bolton.
Bertrand when Southampton are relegated.
A centre back. A striker.

*Stoke
*Shaqiri
*buying players from relegated and bottom of tables sides has been disastrous for us this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back