Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buying clubs are in a better position as Brands runs out of time in this transfer window. Wither he accepts reduced offers to move on players or we remain their income source via wages.

I expect a lot of activity come the 7th - 9th August

The biggest problem is our window closing whilst the European one remains open.
If players have the opportunity to come here but are hoping for offers from German/French CL clubs, they might hold on past our deadline :/

We desperately need defenders who are Young/Mobile/Strong/Good on the ball. Very hard to acquire.

So we have signed one player, only desperately need a left back and centre half, not like we haven't needed them for a couple of years anyway. On top of that we need improvements in nearly every position. Just hope we sort a few things out quickly or the team will be struggling to gel for the opening months of the season.

Browning Galloway I’m surprised we can’t easily get takers for these in the championship (unless they don’t want to gomof course). Connolly is another one (Sorry I think he’s miles behind Davies Holgate Baningime and Kenny and people have doubts over those 4 already)
I have to say I disagree in regards to Connolly, I've been quite impressed by him in pre season. He seems quite intelligent and calm on the ball and shown a few good touches. Only problem is I don't know what his best position is (I assume full back) but could be kept around due to his versatility.

I have to say I disagree in regards to Connolly, I've been quite impressed by him in pre season. He seems quite intelligent and calm on the ball and shown a few good touches. Only problem is I don't know what his best position is (I assume full back) but could be kept around due to his versatility.

has he played other than against lille? honestly can't remember seeing him, and he definitely never impressed against lille, only besic impressed in that drab game

has he played other than against lille? honestly can't remember seeing him, and he definitely never impressed against lille, only besic impressed in that drab game
Played the second half in the Irdning & Bury games. He's a tidy player, just not a 'standout' - bit like Klaassen in that regard :oops: but at least Callum is a young lid who cost us nothing.

Side topic I have to say that Premier League deciding to close this window early in a World Cup year is one huge mistake.

Any chance the clubs can change their minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back