Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

They've come out and explained what happened and why the deal broke down.

Yes.

They got out bid by a bigger club and are acting like tarts. Claiming about taking legal action ffs, get a grip. Happens all the time in this business.

If you want to explain what happened (even though it's obvious what's happened) then just put a tweet out about. Not a fully produced video with your dof crying about it. Have some dignity.

..I think it was the clubs who forced the decision. My understanding is the window remains open for players leaving to non-English clubs.

yeh though some like utd voted against the idea. its pretty daft if we arent in line with rest of europe imo

Side topic I have to say that Premier League deciding to close this window early in a World Cup year is one huge mistake.

Any chance the clubs can change their minds?
I agree it was stupid. Plus I only think all this works if other major European leagues follow on. I get the idea behind it all but doing it this year did seem odd.

Yes.

They got out bid by a bigger club and are acting like tarts. Claiming about taking legal action ffs, get a grip. Happens all the time in this business.

If you want to explain what happened (even though it's obvious what's happened) then just put a tweet out about. Not a fully produced video with your dof crying about it. Have some dignity.

Least it communicates with the fans to avoid the sort of meltdown you get on here when anyone we’ve been remotely linked to goes anywhere else.

I agree it was stupid. Plus I only think all this works if other major European leagues follow on. I get the idea behind it all but doing it this year did seem odd.
It probably protects the big boys who can do business earlier and more readily. But a few of them might blow it big time during a shortened window. It opens up an opportunity to get amongst them, which we at the minute don't look to be exploiting.

His game isn't about speed tho mate. He covers more ground than any other player and gets goals and assists a plenty when used correctly.

It's the premier league and he's 28 years old. His game shouldn't be about speed?

Too many times I sat and watched him not get there to win the ball last season. He's slightly, and I mean literally - slightly faster than Rooney.

In that position you either surround yourself with speed, or any ball that comes into the middle of the park gets immediately slowed down to his pace.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sigs as a player - but I don't think he's got enough in his tool box for a guy that's supposed to be in his absolute prime and to just give up on getting faster.

It's the premier league and he's 28 years old. His game shouldn't be about speed?

Too many times I sat and watched him not get there to win the ball last season. He's slightly, and I mean literally - slightly faster than Rooney.

In that position you either surround yourself with speed, or any ball that comes into the middle of the park gets immediately slowed down to his pace.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sigs as a player - but I don't think he's got enough in his tool box for a guy that's supposed to be in his absolute prime and to just give up on getting faster.

Well we had no pace last season, until Walcott and Coleman returned anyway. Bolasie looked very slow and cumbersome. So your point of surrounding yourself with pace is a moot one isn't it? Sig' doesn't go out and buy players to compliment himself.

The correct solution isn't sending him for some Usain Bolt master-classes in running quickly, certainly not in my opinion. It's about giving him a role in the team that's tailored to his qualities, especially given he has more technical quality than anyone else in our team- by a country mile.

Having a lack of pace has nothing to do with how fast the ball moves or how quickly the team plays. He is predominantly a one touch player and moves the ball quickly. I’d anything, he was one of the few that had the skill last year for us to play faster.

He's not gonna get faster ffs, he uses his nouse and it serves him very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back