Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Rooney scored yesterday, so along with Klassen and Mori that's 3 players let go all on the score sheet while we're going down to 3 0 and 4 1 score lines. Least were doing well at shifting the dead Wood, anyone know if Joel has kept a clean sheet yet?

The fact that players will automatically be good again once they’ve left Everton is well established. We just can’t do this football thing.

Tick tock Tick tock. Any signings we get now will have no preseason with us that's poor planning I am afraid.

To get the players we wanted we may have no choice, I’d rather wait until the last possible minute for the players we really want than sign inferior players early.

In the big picture it’llake a big difference, to this season it’ll make very little difference, we’re still going to finish around 7th or 8th regardless.

More than happy for people to challenge/ discuss but saying he's not a CB so we won't sign him based on that is just ridiculous,
Azpilicueta was a RB who then went to LB now to a CB, he's pretty small aswell so should he be playing as a CB? didn't France just win the World Cup using CBs as fullbacks?
personally I think it could work depending on who's next to him
That would make sense with Digne who's not as attacking as Tierney. You don't buy a player who's strengths are in attacking and slot him into CB is my point

I think if both Digne and Tierney can play LB and CB and have good pace then...who knows?

Fact is that all we can do is guess at the moment.

I read somewhere a while back that Tierney could play in DM. No clue.

But we lack pace at the back, thats for sure.

Coleman RB
Holgate RCB
Mina LCB
Digne LB
Tierney DM
Zakaria DM

?
Are we linked with Zakaria mate?

That would make sense with Digne who's not as attacking as Tierney. You don't buy a player who's strengths are in attacking and slot him into CB is my point

Wouldn’t mind Digne at CB and Tierney at LB. I think Digne will want to get back into the France side though and he’s definitely not doing that at CB with Varane and Umtiti there so I couldn’t see that being the strategy for us.

You’d like to hope we get one of them. We may end up having to pay the inflated price for Tierney if Digne has messed us around.

Digne apparently waiting better offers before making a decision. [Poor language removed] him off and get tierney in if he isn’t that interested got enough people wanting a wage for free
That's a major concern. We can't expect everyone to have the same emotional commitment as we do to Everton but we need professionals who'll play for each other. He sounds like perfect West Ham or Newcastle fodder with this.

So for the sake of argueing we buy both, we then play Digne as a CB (not too sure if he's played that position before) and Tierney at LB what are your thoughts?
since we have 2 quality LBs who can also play CBs we now have more competition to be selected and more attacking/tactical options.
Silva has already said he want 2 players in each position and since Baines is getting on now I believe we'll end up buying another LB in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back