Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer him to Morgan tbh and he’s played with a player similar to gana , even tho Kante is on a completely different level they play similar roles and it worked well with drinkwater before. I don’t mind him as a player tbh
It's a shame Joe Williams got injured when he did. It would have been nice to see him tried in the role Schneiderlin occupies.

I'd take Smalling on loan with an option to buy. £2m for the season at this stage would be low risk. Has pace, knows the premier league and hopefully we could get Mina in as well.
If this Digne is gonna cost £20m, I have no idea why we would go and pay £25m for Tierney, who I feel is a much better player.

Coleman Smalling Mina Tierney sounds a hell of a lot better and more suited to playing Silva's highline than the back 4 at the minute!

So for the sake of argueing we buy both, we then play Digne as a CB (not too sure if he's played that position before) and Tierney at LB what are your thoughts?
since we have 2 quality LBs who can also play CBs we now have more competition to be selected and more attacking/tactical options.
Silva has already said he want 2 players in each position and since Baines is getting on now I believe we'll end up buying another LB in the near future.
Digne has played there before and is capable, he's also more defensively capable than Tierney. However I think it would only work in a back 3 of Mina, Digne and Holgate/ Keane for example. I would worry playing him in a back 2. Does Silva often play 3 at the back? If this does happen I wouldn't be surprised to see Baines move on, maybe to America.

can I just say that smalling and jones at utd will be just as mentally ruined as the players we want to get rid off. neither has any fight for utd so wont for us either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back