Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think his good games were largely about us still having Lukaku at that point.

aah ok, those couple of months at tail-end of 16/17 season. Rom made half our team look good, it's amazing what a world-class striker can bring to the table.

He's better than the Everton starters mate so what does that tell you. As I said, if we can't get our other targets across the line Smalling wouldn't be a bad option.

Personally I can't hack us signing another Utd cast-off...it really grinds my gears. It reeks of mediocrity.

juan mata , martial, ander Herrera and fellaini are all in the last year of their contracts at utd ….. id take any of those because they are better than we have.

ive just read that hector herrara may be going to Fulham …. hes light years better morgan

I'd much rather us get Tierney than Digne, I'm not very excited about signing a left back that's not very good going forward.

I would have liked Mina but it's obvious he's holding out for a better offer and will only come here as a last resort, in which case we should move on. Who that might be? I don't know but it clearly needs to be someone with a bit of pace.

The worrying part is that it usually takes about a week from when a deal is reportedly "done" to us actually announcing it, so we really do need to get a shift on.
I’m the opposite, I’m not very excited about a LB that can’t go backwards.

Would be surprised if we decided on a 26 year old league one keeper as our first choice keeper of Pickford went. He's more likely to be a replacement for Stek I'd guess.

Suppose if Chelsea have fired the starting gun on Pickford there is a decent chance they'd get him eventually if they persisted, even if it takes a season. In that case we'd better start getting some replacements in.

That's a major concern. We can't expect everyone to have the same emotional commitment as we do to Everton but we need professionals who'll play for each other. He sounds like perfect West Ham or Newcastle fodder with this.
It’s annoying though because as proven we pay these idiots mega money regardless of good or bad players. As I said this time last year I play Sunday football and there is more heart in one player then there seems to be in the whole of everton barring Richarlison, Coleman, Pickford and Sandro (least he tries hard) Keane, Williams and Stekelenburg amount others need to be gone even if they give them to the under 23s because they aren’t anywhere near good enough

Whatever defender we get he need to have proven he can play in a back line that presses up the pitch, all our current defenders have never had to defend this way in their entire careers.

Baines positioning for one of the Rennes goals was shambolic, it’s all well and good being able to join in the attack but running ahead of the ball without any cover is ridiculous and he does it time and time again.

this is where our tactics fall down. we need coleman and baines to get forward. its why we play a defencive midfielder , to cover the runs and space left.
problem is our defensive midfielder is schneiderlin. only gana can play that role effectively because he is full of running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back