Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Pennington off to Wigan on loan and Williams being frozen out, I would like to see Browning added to the senior squad instead because maybe Ashley might get the hint and actively seek a transfer out.

Browning had a mixed spell at Sunderland but played over 20 times and at 24 is an ideal age to be given a chance.

He has pace and power too which we are lacking.

He was once seen as a player of the future but never got a chance despite our defence getting worse year in and year out since his debut.

I think I'd rather us just sign another CB tbh mate.

We can lose Williams and Pennington and, as long as we get a quality player in, we won't suffer.

In an ideal world, I'd now bin Keane off as well, if the option to get another CB on top of the one we already need comes up.

This.

On the face of it, the window so far isn't awful. I mean, we are leaving it late, but objectively I think most reasonable people expected four signings (CM, CB, LB, FW) and we are on course for that, assuming of course we don't force Digne into a six-day medical.

Richarlison is a great prospect and we've signed Barcelona's back-up full-back who has played at three huge clubs and for the current World champions (albeit he didn't make the squad this summer). He's only 25.

We've actually addressed two needs in our squad and it's clear we are after a centre-back. There haven't been solid links to a midfielder which is a bit of a worry, but I do think both Silva and Brands know we need one.

We've also got big earners in Rooney and Klaassen off the wage bill, with Funes Mori (who was not the answer to our defensive frailties) also sold. I'm sure there will be more out of the door. Worry is Lookman and (if those spurious rumours are to be believed) Walcott, but I expect both will be back training this week. And of course, the torrid pre-season results haven't helped.

But, I will repeat what I said yesterday in that I'd like to see a more clear direction/communication - especially from Brands.

When (if, to hedge my bets) Digne signs, we should have him in a presser with Brands. Silva as well, maybe, but definitely Brands. We probably won't. It's baffling. Brands should be the face of it. Make it clear he is the guy 'in control'.

The club, from a PR perspective, really do need to up their game. We have one of the most highly thought-of DoF's in Europe. He needs to be the (devilishly handsome) face of the club moving forward.

A quick weekly chat to EvertonTV would be a good place to start.
Great post, Toff.

It's more a communications issue than a way to question Brands, mate.

Look how Roma do it with Monchi. That's the way to go.

yeah i suppose, tbf he could be by all new signings' side. He does like to operate in the background i think i read when he first arrived.

I haven't kept tabs on monchi the only time i've seen him is when he was crying the other day like a little baby over malcom.

I think I'd rather us just sign another CB tbh mate.

We can lose Williams and Pennington and, as long as we get a quality player in, we won't suffer.

In an ideal world, I'd now bin Keane off as well, if the option to get another CB on top of the one we already need comes up.
Yep I think we need 2 centre backs - none of the current crop with the possible exception of Holgate is good or quick enough to play a high line - and a really commanding centre mid as well as Richarlison and Digne. A centre forward would be nice too. Unrealistic ? Probably.

With Pennington off to Wigan on loan and Williams being frozen out, I would like to see Browning added to the senior squad instead because maybe Ashley might get the hint and actively seek a transfer out.

Browning had a mixed spell at Sunderland but played over 20 times and at 24 is an ideal age to be given a chance.

He was once seen as a player of the future but never got a chance despite our defence getting worse year in and year out since his debut.
But it's official that Pennington leaves to wigan?

Looks like Lookman might be jumping ship, like, which automatically makes my post defunct :)

Noooooo!

I knew this summer would be difficult, accepted how hard it would be to shift the deadwood but I remained hopeful Silva could get a tune out of what we have.

Whilst 4 signings would help, I have no faith left in the squad to put in 100%, those who have desire are severely lacking quality.

I’m not reaching for the bleach yet, but my nerves are shot.

Browning isnt the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back