Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume we have someone coming in if Lookman is off.

walcott, richarlison, bolasie, sandro, mirallas, vlasic and dowell

we have all them (plus i suppose glyfi can play left) just for those two wide positions. I mean if someone's coming i don't think it'd be a winger. I'd rather see mirallas sold and vlasic and dowell loaned out out of those lot (unless we could get a good fee for bolasie), which lookman being retained, but we're clearly not going to do all that in a few days.

I think bolasie could be a decent option off the bench late in games for us, but yeah, i just can't see us buying another attacker, everything points to brands spending the last month looking at fixing our defence.

Why do people seem to think the problem with our midfield is the lack of a grock?

We need a passer FAR more than physical presence.
When I say grock, at the very least I hope for someone who can pass and charge forward - personally I would like a neat and tidy player who could knit play together nicely to sit next to a big new shiny beast. The present midfield options are that poor.

I’m just not confident we will resolve the issues this summer.

LOOKMAN'S SOCIAL HINTS

Is Ademola Lookman on the move?

The Everton youngster has posted a picture on Instragram that includes aeroplane emojis. He has also removed "Everton" from his Twitter bio.

Can't believe I've actually had to stoop so low as to look at a footballer's social media but...his twitter account has a huge banner photo of him in an Everton shirt and the last instagram picture is him on holiday in June. Possible I'm missing something!

Just in case Marcel is reading this thread; we need a couple of centre backs used to playing in a high line and a couple of midfielders who can make play.

If you have money then I'll have two midfielders, Leandro Paredes from Zenit to play the playmaker role and Marco Llorente from Real (loan with view to perm) to add energy and tackling.

In defence it is Kurt Zouma on loan from Chelsea, can play in a high line and has the physicality for the PL, alongside him I'd look at left sided centre backs used to high lines. Rueben Dias from Benfica is young player of the year in Portugal. Tall, pacey and tough. Would be ideal.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back