Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean he was better than Phil Jones and Chris Smalling?? He’ll be massively exposed in a poorer more open team, that’s cold hard facts

He was better than Bailly, their £30m signing, as well.

He's not superb. But he's not rubbish.

Personally, I would want us to go for better than him if we're willing to spend that amount on one player. But at this moment in time I'd say he's a better defender than Mina, who most would jizz over us signing.

Yeh, one who has proved in his time at us he isn't good enough.

Rojo may not be the answer (I'm not sure he is), but he is better than Funes Mori. He's quicker, he's stronger, he's better on the ball and he's actually far less reckless.

So our standard now is 'at least they are better than Funes Mori and Ashley Williams' - thats not hard as they are both terrible defenders. We need actual defenders with pace, preferably ones who dont enjoy getting sent off and costing ud points.

Interestingly no mention of Mina.

Coleman Mina Rojo Digne.

Anyone?

If you read stuff on here you’d think people would rather stay with Coleman Williams Keane Baines if we can’t bring in Ramos Varane or Bonucci calibre of players.

Coleman Holgate Rojo Digne has pace, aggression, all can use the ball, all have a bit of leadership about them. The one issue may be height at set pieces.

Yeah and when you put aside the one eyed hatred of him he was actually a decent utility player for us. League winner and full England international played loads of times by Alex Ferguson but yeah maybe he was actually crap and fooled them all and a section of Evertonians are actually right.

He was awful, he did a job for a successful team and wore his heart on his sleeve. But please don’t try and say you enjoyed seeing him play week in week out for us

If we are trying to get the wages down but bring in Rojo who is on £120k a week then we need our heads testing.

At least with Mina, he is young (23) and you have a sellable aspect of him.

Rojo is injury prone, red card magnet and part of one of the worst defences in the World Cup.

Plus they want £20 MILLION!

When will we learn that if they can't do it at United, they can't do it here aka The Kanchelskis Rule.

Should have had at least 2/3 tbh.

Yeh, but he hasn't - for whatever reason.

So the ill discipline card doesn't really work.

The injury (serious injuries) concerns are definitely legitimate, as is his tendency to dive in if high upfield.

But then he also has traits that would suit playing in a high line, i.e. pace, quality on the ball, ability to get across and cover if needed.

If the deal is right, and there'd be another CB incoming as well, I think he'd be a good addition. I think £30m is far too much though.

So our standard now is 'at least they are better than Funes Mori and Ashley Williams' - thats not hard as they are both terrible defenders. We need actual defenders with pace, preferably ones who dont enjoy getting sent off and costing ud points.

No, that's not our standard. But the post I was responding to was implying that Funes Mori and Rojo are of the same quality - they aren't.

That doesn't make Rojo great, or Rojo the answer. As I said in my post.

Cant stand Williams but Rojo is just as bad and we would actually be spending £££ on him
30m Rojo is bad.
15m we should be able to live with.

Would be the best CB we've got. Then again we sold a similar CB for 9.5m.

Keane and Williams should have been moved on first.

Madness.

He was awful, he did a job for a successful team and wore his heart on his sleeve. But please don’t try and say you enjoyed seeing him play week in week out for us

When you see what has followed him. I did. I don’t care. Yeah his comments about United used to annoy me but he was a decent holding mid and a good right back. He had a good partnership with Arteta in midfield and could put a decent ball in. A team with characters like Cahill Arteta Fellaini Lescott Howard all accepted him as captain without question.

‘Awful’ is a term I’d use for some of the soul destroying displays I’ve seen in the last 4 years at Everton from some of the worst players to wear the jersey. Phil Neville is nowhere near that bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back