Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We let Rooney go without anyone who can play that deep lying role, ok Rooney didn't have legs but he had more passing quality than anyone else in our midfield. I assumed that meant we had someone lined up but so far nothing.

We let Rooney go without anyone who can play that deep lying role, ok Rooney didn't have legs but he had more passing quality than anyone else in our midfield. I assumed that meant we had someone lined up but so far nothing.

we let our top scorer go.. again, without having a replacement to fill the void.

some will say richarlison will replace his goals, he might well do, but we are still a proper striker short.

The window isn’t shut yet. By the end Rooney was complete toilet too.

Simply because of his wages and yes he wasn't what he was but he was an option too. I thought there would be a clear strategy to address our needs through the spine of the team as he was going. I appreciate it's hard to get quality when we don't have Europe but early additions help a team bond and get a shape together now we are scrambling and any new CB and CM might take time to settle. It could be why we see PL players bought/loaned last minute as their settling in period might be less.

The window isn’t shut yet. By the end Rooney was complete toilet too.

True and I wasn't really for keeping Rooney but you have to admit we haven't yet replaced either his passing ability or goal scoring. I thought we had a plan but it looks like half a failed one currently.

To be honest mate that’s bollox....how do you know we’re letting him slip through our fingers ..... what if said he doesn’t want to come here ? What if his wage demands are stupid ? What if he’s making all kinds of stupid demands and clauses .... our fans are the worst type in the league “oh we should have been all over him blah blah blah “
Most deluded fan base in the league when it comes to transfers
shia.gif

The issue will be wages though mate, I think Mori was on around 45k p/w. Hard to say us getting Rojo for less than double that.

In the abstract a deal for him around 13 million could be a good buy. However my point is why Bring Silva/Brands in and start a new strategy to do that? We might as well have kept Allardyce (who'd have likely brought us in the likes of Jones, Wilshire, Shaqiri, Toure etc) on reasonable money and been ok at moulding them into a decent outfit. It just doesn't seem to fit for me.

I’m with you on that, Brands operating on a different level - perhaps he wants to invest in better known quantities initially to make the squad immediately more competitive.

That being said, I would prefer he was patient and understood that many fans would prefer a more patient approach developing young hungry players.

Hope we see some more promising players join the ranks in the guise of Lozano/Strootman ilk.

Hull must be gutted, sold harry Maguire for 12 mil to Leicester and Robertson to Liverpool for 8 mil and now both players are probably worth in excess of £100 mil cumulatively a year later

just shows that you can grab a bargain if you look in the right places

maybe Ben Gibson wouldn't be a bad shout

Why would Hull be gutted?

They'll get a good wedge of a sell-on for both players should they go anywhere.

I’m with you on that, Brands operating on a different level - perhaps he wants to invest in better known quantities initially to make the squad immediately more competitive.

That being said, I would prefer he was patient and understood that many fans would prefer a more patient approach developing young hungry players.

Hope we see some more promising players join the ranks in the guise of Lozano/Strootman ilk.

lol

Would they?

Everton fans don't know what they want, let's be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back