Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, if you have the same twitter name I think I'd have blocked you too:)
the last Twitter transmission from Fatty Koeman, he was banging on about a shipment of flip-flops not making it to Holland in time for his daughter's wedding. I supposed it must have been a 'beach-themed' do. I haven't heard any upshot about the misdirected footwear; I'm guessing the guests ended up all wearing clogs.

Well, player control is very different, so you can't have an analogue. I think the deadline day frenzy is close enough, and it's probably too covered already.

Although... @deipnosophist... I like this idea. Have a week long meeting/convention for all UEFA clubs somewhere like Geneva, send a few reporters there (I nominate Papes), and get all your transfers done within a week...

But then you still have medicals and personal terms, you'd need the players too. Not sure you can do anything similar to Yank spots player trading in a condensed time.

Although... @deipnosophist... I like this idea. Have a week long meeting/convention for all UEFA clubs somewhere like Geneva, send a few reporters there (I nominate Papes), and get all your transfers done within a week...

But then you still have medicals and personal terms, you'd need the players too. Not sure you can do anything similar to Yank spots player trading in a condensed time.
There are aspects to the US system that I like...salary caps, squad numbers etc. It makes for a more even playing field (although Golden State Warriors' domination of the NBL bucks that ambition). I like that Le Bron James bloke though. I see he's just funded a new school in his hometown of Akron. More gazillionaire sports (and business ) folk should be as philanthropic. I run into mega bucks Yanks down here in NZ and they're all investing in South Island 'bolt-holes' in case US society blows-up. I'm thinking: why don't you use some of your vast wealth to try to prevent that happening? I do not have a lot of time for most of these blokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back